1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Died and crashed at the same time, wont stay open

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Blight the Hunted, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blight the Hunted

Blight the Hunted Void-Bound Voyager

So i was fighting penguin mech and then the second i died, the game abruptly closed. Now when i open the game i get as far as my ship and then after about three seconds the game closes abruptly again. please help!

2. Talesin

Talesin Space Hobo

I have the same problem except I died to a bone bird in an avian tomb spewing blood at me and then i fell into some saw blades. Same thing happens with it closing the program when i try to open the save game again. Other characters and savegames are not effected and work perfectly.

3. Blight the Hunted

Is there anyway to fix that save? i dont have any other saves and would rather not start over again

4. jezebel

jezebel Space Hobo

You Mash escape once you join in i know it sounds trivial but it worked for me.

5. Mauntain

Mauntain Space Hobo

I have a problem like this, game starts and my character is invisible then the game crashes. Tried to mash escape like jezebel sugested but it didn't work for me.:nuruconfused:
    Edit:I fixed it with a health pack

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  6. Blight the Hunted

actually worked for me. thank you

Corraidhín likes this.
  7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Um, welcome!

8. Tremble3

Tremble3 Space Hobo

Hi, I'm having the same problem, except the escape mashing isn't working for me. I tried joining a local server in hope to make the game fix itself, but that didn't work. If you could direct me in how to send the logs I would gladly do so.

9. Alaine

Alaine Guest

Houston we got a combo! :D

10. Doctorslend

Doctorslend Space Hobo

I am having this problem now I just died to the penquin mech and crashed. I am using the stable version and I tried it on the 64 bit version as well. But I still crash after 3 seconds of getting onto that character. Help plz.

11. kopju

kopju Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,
    I've got the same problem.
    I don't specifically recall it but I might have been dying when the game crashed.
    When I log into my character the ship loads but the character model doesn't appear, after about 5 seconds it then crashes.
    I tried all available "versions" (32/64bit; regular/OpenGL)
    My current version is glad giraffe - Update 3
    I hope there is some sort of workaround, would be frustrating to have to restart..

I was going to post this and attach a video; while recording, it didn't crash for some reason.
    My character simply respawned and it works now, i don't know why...

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.