REQUEST Different looks for (not-)watered crops (artist's help)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Nishtra, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

I've seen this being suggested or asked for in several different places and I have found a (slightly hack-ish) way to do it.

I have tested the code with edited spritesheet and it works, but with just some color balancing done to sprites it doesn't look very impressive. So, if someone with drawing skills got interested and helped making not-watered (and possibly new watered) sprites for crops, it would be cool ^_^

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Hack ways are the best ways!

GL :)

Nishtra likes this.
      • Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Up. Artist's help still needed

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

I can try if you want, but I don't know where to find the crops sprites...

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Thanks)))
            I attached crops tilesheet. Higher half are normal (watered) sprites, lower half - dry crops.

Attached Files:

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

before I continue with this I want to show you what I did for not watered crops. Is something like this what you was thinking on?
              crops edit.png

• Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

I'm somewhat overburdened with requests, but this seems a humble one, so I can also help out a bit when time allows.

Basically, a look to show the plant is dehydrated? I think Ailin's image above there is quite a good example.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

@Ailin To be honest I thought about making leaves look more wilted, though I guess in pixel art it would be hard to do. Also, why do the crops in your pic have an outline?

@Charlatan I'm thankful for the offer, but since all the crops are located in one image I'm not sure cooperating on them would be efficient.

• Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

@Nishtra Got it, will stay out of it.
                    But: PS: Ailin's crops do not actually have an outline, when downloaded and checked in an image editor they occupy exactly the same pixels.

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

@Nishtra ok, I'll try to make it look more wilted then