[Difficulty] Something between casual and normal please?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Valkyrie_pl, May 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

Ok, first off, I didn't play nightly builds, so my information might be incorrect, however...

As far as I understand, we get:
    • Casual difficulty that doesn't have any additional mechanics, and players drop pixels on death.
    • Normal difficulty, "survival" with all the hunger and stuff, where players drop items on death.
    • Probably some permadeath mode, doesn't matter here.

So my question / request is:
    Can we please have something in between that involves all the survival mechanics, but only drops pixels? That would be greatly appreciated.

If my information indeed is incorrect and we do get something like what I described, then nvm. ^^

2. Khym Chanur

Khym Chanur Big Damn Hero

Casual also:
    • Drops no pixels on death.
    • Allows you to beam up to the ship even if your elevation is low enough to count as "underground".
    However, it extremely easy to mod what casual/survival/etc do, to add hunger to casual, remove item death drops from survival, and so on.

3. Valkyrie_pl

Modifying is one thing, what about making it compatible with multiplayer?

4. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Devs had stated that they may allow players to edit the settings to however they like as people have different ideas of what should and shouldn't be allowed.

[​IMG]

While it is still subject to change as of right now the plans are to remove the pixel loss penalty from casual on 1.0 as Khym Chanur already stated.

While I could be wrong I am pretty sure player settings are client based not server based which is one reason people can wear some cheating items on multiplayer servers.

5. Valkyrie_pl

Let's hope this is gonna turn out nicely. Can you tell me which file has those settings btw?

6. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure if the file even exist yet, it might not even be an option on nightly (though I wouldn't know to be honest). I am just repeating what the devs are thinking about. If they do decide to go for it then it will be somewhere once 1.0 launch though.

Also you should have quoted me so I'll get an alert, I would most likely had responded must sooner if you did.