1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Dirt Colour Options?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mecharian, Jul 22, 2016.

?

Which system do you prefer?

1. One unified dirt colour. (Current System)

2. Multiple dirt colours. (Old System)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

A song for our people.

2. Roman Richter

Roman Richter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hail to Dirt!
    --- Post updated ---
    Guys, We Won!
    Unstable branch recieved update and now dirt changes color according to biome around you![​IMG]

Fleder and Mecharian like this.
  3. [curly] servo

[curly] servo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well, not what i expected, but whatever means my foundations don't look like confetti i guess.

4. Pingeh

Pingeh Pangalactic Porcupine

This is actually a pretty good compromise since it only seems to affect 'default' dirt; I tried spawning in some blue dirt, and it didn't change to match the terrain, making dirt art possible still.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, better than before, but still pretty bad news for everyone building beautiful coloured houses :(

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

you can still remove that color.

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I have finished my Tabula Rasa plugin that allows you to spawn in hueShifted blocks of (mostly) any color. It's limited to those which generate naturally in biomes and it's a bit laggy but it should work just fine for anyone who wants to build with varieties of dirt, cobblestone or anything else

8. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

On my phone so I apologize for mistakes in spelling.

Why not add another function to the paint tool that lets you select the color from around you? Kinda like you can do in MS Paint. For that matter make the painting tool a retexture tool as well. So we can have a wide variety of all blocks again. I remember arguing at length about this very thing long ago on the forums. Removal of diversity and options is always a poor decision. And it feels as though that's what 1.0 did. Was gut a lot of options.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  9. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Good news, it's made it to 1.0.3. Bad news is cobblestone is still not affected. So I see it as a half-victory.
    Moreover, I think cobblestone should be choose-able, since it's not just the color, it's the whole texture. I just don't know how to do it.

10. Mackinz

Install @TanzNukeTerror's Rock On mod (currently only available through the workshop).

Also, my upcoming Tabula Rasa plugin should allow anyone to change their colors.

11. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

And here I am using GoG. That "thing" that you should buy the same game several times sends my inner pirate itching.
    Anyway, thanks!
    Good thing is I know how to extract things from Steam without actually owning a game there.

Pingeh likes this.
  12. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

I was celebrating all too early. Seems like Steam reworked their methods of downloading (again), putting a DRM on top of them so the old tricky methods do not apply.
    Reminded me once again why I happen to dislike Steam.
    Can you download the file for me?

13. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hoping eventually we're able to change the dirt's color, and the grass upon it. I saw this really neat purple dirt with pink grass and it was just too pretty, but the rest of the world wasn't. Shame! I'm going to make that purple paradise world one day, rest assured.

14. Mackinz

He finally uploaded it to the repository.

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/rock-on.3912/

MelOzone likes this.
  15. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Gosh. Thank you, kind sir! And thank him :)

PS. Speaking of the topic, I support "unified dirt" with colouring through painter. It's enough to make dirt hues "unlockable" through gathering appropriate dirt (or even unlocked from the beginning), all the while preserving precious inventory space.