1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Divern or other Mounts Release?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Elfginther, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Elfginther

Elfginther Phantasmal Quasar

Hi!

Hopefully the right place for this. Anyone know if there are still plans to implement the Divern pictured below as a mount or monster? I thought they looked absolutely amazing. Last I was reading it was teased a couple years ago in 2014 as part of Rampaging Koala, but never pushed to live or nightly.

With the new hylotl villages live, I would absolutely love to have a sea stable with a couple of these bad boys.

[​IMG]

Or if anyone has any legacy mount / monster files that contain it lying around from that period, I'd love to work on bringing them back in game with the new vehicle system.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

There's a lot of older monsters like that that seem to have been forgotten, like the Krabmikaze, various ungulates, penguins, lizardfolk, and so on. Best we can do is keep pushing for stuff like that in the suggestion forums, or worst case over on Reddit (where they seem to be more active, for some reason).

Funny enough, there were a lot of monsters that had never been properly implemented and were removed from art assets.

3. cerberouse

cerberouse Void-Bound Voyager

No joke! That Divern looks super kewl! >:3 I'd love to see some animal mounts in the future, mechanical horses and lizard thingies! :O

4. Elfginther

Elfginther Phantasmal Quasar

I tinkered with the clip I found and reconstructed the face... but I can't get the body animated properly. Monster animation is definitely new to me. Everything would just be easier with the original spritesheet :{

Attached Files: