WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. MasterYoba

MasterYoba Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this thread is open for requests, but the original diverse thread mentions blonde Haley, and it's personally a variant of the mod I'd love to use, if anyone is or can work on that.

I've also recently added Samoan George and Evelyn from @juelsy to my game and I just love them :).

• cel10e

cel10e Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
      karcea, hatmouse, HopeWasHere and 3 others like this.
    • absolute unit

absolute unit Void-Bound Voyager

just wanted to drop in and mention how much i love this mod! really grateful to it tbh

just asking, but would it be possible to mimic the original mods hair... art.. style? i was a HUGE fan of how soft and colorful the edits looked, esp in penny's and emily's portraits, and i actually wish the vanilla portraits looked more like them lol. but thats too much work, i mostly want to know if the characters who have been done so far could be given that same style, or if that's not possible

sorry if i sound incoherent, currently battling a headache 3:

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope you don't mind, I did a little re-colour of this Jas edit to give her a pink dress and purple bow, based on my own preferences. I'm not sure if anyone else might want it, but I thought I'd share it anyway, it's only a small colour tweaking.

Jas_spring.png Jas_spring (1).png

the purple dress and green ribbon combo always make me think of plums or grapes and for some reason it bugs me a lot.

lpvinyl21, Yogurl, karcea and 5 others like this.
        • tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cute!!!

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, hello. Me again!
            So I've been busy with IRL, and also back in February, I lost some of my mods progress. Which kind of killed a lot of my motivation... one of the projects I lost was my Seasonal Edits. :cry:
            Thankfully, I still had some Abigail sprites saved (who is my fav character!), so I've been slowly working on rebuilding.

Feel free to put these in the official mod. Here comes the spam. I was originally going to wait until I was done to upload, but have decided to do in parts lest my PC bugs out and deletes my files again.

Abigail_Spring_Indoor.png Abigail_Summer_Indoor.png Abigail_Fall_Indoor.png Abigail_Winter_Outdoor.png Abigail_Spring_Indoor_Rain_Hat.png
            I shared a while back my love for Dizor's plus sized Abigail. So these are my personal edits: Diverse's hair, new makeup, Diverse's collar, and some more "nu goth" fashion for Fall and Rainy Spring (not pictured). Every portrait is done except Fall Rain. Characters are mostly done.

Maru_Spring_Indoor_Overalls.png Maru_Summer_Indoor_Rain.png Maru_Hospital_White.png Maru_Spring_Indoor_Overalls.png

My old mashup of NotSnuffles and elyneara's Marus. Also de-bow-legged (working on doing that for my game too!). Spring, Summer, and Scrubs are done (options for light and dark scrubs, no nurse uniform).
            In the zip, you'll also find de-bow-legged Robin and Demetrius (black version).

Attached Files:

karcea, breatemata, witchss and 4 others like this.
            • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Lavender!! I'll add these to our collection, thank you so much <3 Feel free to come join the discord server, we're preparing a massive update/rewrite.

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, I didn't know there was a Discord!
                (unless you mean the official SDV one, which I'm on but haven't checked out in a while).

• minervamaga

We have a dedicated DSV server! I think it's linked in this thread somewhere. If not, DM me and I'll send you an invite.

.Lavender. likes this.
                  • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Someone posted a Diverse Stardew mod on Nexus today, which seems to be identical to the one at the start of this thread: Diverse Stardew Valley for Smapi (with a different author in the manifest).

• DreamerDrop

I'm guessing they missed this thread entirely somehow. If they're not on the forum, it'd be pretty easy to do I guess?

I want to let them know about this thread but I'm not sure how to word it without sounding accusatory...

• hoddog

hoddog Void-Bound Voyager

I wish I could do it myself, but i don't know how to edit mods. There is a big mod called Stardew Valley Expanded (and forgive me if someone already spoke on this), but this mod adds new NPC'S to the game. Does anyone (or the person who continued the mod) plan to also edit the new NPC's that come with SVE? If it's not possible, that's okay :) Because I know you probably have to ask permission from the creator first.

• minervamaga

Flash is fine with edits of his characters, as long as the original work is credited. The idea has been brought up in the server already, actually (by me :rofl:). We're looking to release a pretty big update and go official on Nexus soon, keep an eye out!

We also discussed this and reached out to notsnuffie (the OP). notsnuffie gave official permission for the mod to be hosted on Nexus and edited! The version on Nexus has not been edited and is demonetized, so we're okay with it being there for now, though we may reach out to them in the future.

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just dropping by to give a preview of the Chinese Pierre sprites I made! :D
                            [​IMG] [​IMG]

karcea, breatemata, Medicell and 5 others like this.
                            • snowdrops

snowdrops Aquatic Astronaut

i love it so so much!!! ;O; how do i make them game files though? ;;

• minervamaga

Keep your eye on Nexus, we should be posting the official release soon!

• DreamerDrop

I use content patcher, so I just replace the sprites manually in there. You can do the same with Diverse Seasonal Outfit files too.

• cel10e

cel10e Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone! The Diverse Stardew Valley + Seasonal Outfits mod has moved to Nexus!! We've released version 1.1, now with new variants (Chinese Pierre! butch Leah!), more consistent Content Patcher coding, and my personal favorite new feature: the ability to toggle off any character you prefer to use a different mod for, so you don't have to worry about manual code editing or conflicts!

Come download it here :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4079

• kennanana

kennanana Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I'm super suuuuuuper new here, but I'm interested in drawing portraits of all the characters from this mod specifically (or at least the bachelors and bachelorettes) in my own style. How would I go about doing that? I apologize for my lack of knowledge, this would be my first attempt at doing something like this

Edit: if there’s a discord for this mod I would love to somehow join. I’m a lot more familiar with discord than I am with forums :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
                                      • minervamaga

We do have a discord! The invite link is here. Feel free to drop by and introduce yourself! We're currently planning some optional add-on packs for the mod in the future, so your portraits sound like a great idea for those. :D

cel10e likes this.