1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Diverse Weather 1.3

Adds varied climates and new weathers to planets.

1. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

I Said No submitted a new mod:

Diverse Weather - Adds varied climates and new weathers to planets.

Read more about this mod...

2. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

Will this change the weather patterns on planets I've already visited?

Edit: Two other questions.

If I install this, visit a few planets, and then uninstall it, will that break anything on those planets, or will they just return to normal?

Is this compatible with Frackin' Universe? FU also does stuff with the weather, I think.

3. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

Oh wait, I've just found out that the reason Frackin' Universe does stuff with the weather is because it's stolen from you! Sorry. :(

4. I Said No

I Said No Cosmic Narwhal

No need to apologize, I know you didn't mean any harm. =v

To answer the first two questions:

Planets that have already been generated won't be affected by this mod, since this only adds weathers and climates that the game looks at while generating a new planet. I've been informed however that terraforming an existing planet does pick a new, random climate that can feature new weathers (including dangerous ones).

If you uninstall the mod, any planets that feature new weather types will essentially be no-go zones. They won't be able to load in anymore because the assets they rely on will be missing. Treat it like losing everything on that planet that you haven't taken with you.

5. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

I think you need to nerf 2 weather types, the Heat Wave and the Earthquake.
    -The Heat Wave should only drains half of you and the NPC's health (cause I don't want defenseless NPCs getting one-shot by hostiles and monsters)
    -The Earthquake should have the same damage as a shot from an grenade launcher at blocks.

Maybe it's just me nitpicking, but all I want to say is that nerf these 2 weathers a bit of your liking.
    I think a permanent Earthquake isn't necessary and earthquakes isn't a weather to begin with, just saying.

Nevertheless nice mod, it gives each planet a unique feeling.

Last edited: May 29, 2018