DJ's Wishlist

Discussion in 'Other' started by DJFlare84, Oct 29, 2017.

1. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Things I'd like to see make it into starbound officially (but if anyone knows a good mod I'll subscribe to that in the meantime. However, just because there is a mod doesn't mean I won't ask for it to exist officially. An official add-in is always superior to a mod. There's never a risk that the content becomes incompatible with newer versions of Starbound, after all).

1. Loaded Spud
    A fancier Baked Potato. Requires: Baked Potato, Cheese, Cooked Bacon. 100% hunger satiation. Applies Bonus Health and Bonus Energy.

2. Coconut Fixes
    Coconut should now drop an edible "Coconut Half" x2 along with the coconut milk. New ingredients for Coconut Drink: 1 Coconut Milk + 1 Coconut Half. "Coconut Half x2" and 2 "drops" of Coconut Milk can be obtained with bare-handed crafting from a single Coconut. This means you can obtain the 2 halves and the 2 drops either by breaking the coconut manually or by crafting it
    (this ensures we can still throw our coconuts, because why wouldn't we want to?).

3. Watch where you POINT that thing!
    Aesthetically, it's always bothered me that spears and other directional-melee will point in the direction your cursor is facing to show where you're aiming. I guess for SOME people this is a handy guide but for me it just provides several hours of aesthetic annoyance when I'm at-rest, organizing my inventory and otherwise not in-combat. Perhaps there could be a client-side option so that when you're not attacking your weapon is held in a neutral position
    (like broadswords and hammers), and not pointing everywhere?

4. Some Hammer Fixes.
    For that note, imagine if your idle-stance with the hammer involved resting it over your shoulder instead of at your side, and as a consequence the hammer is already prepared to swing? So instead of a pre-swing wind-up, the weapon would have a post-swing "recovery" as the hammer is naturally brought back up.
    On top of that, I'd like to see the Broadsword-exclusive "Spin Attack" special be available for Hammers as well
    (and maybe Parry for spears).

5. More energy weapons!
    Why aren't there more laser-melees and barrier shields? I thought this was sci-fi. And for gods sake make more shields craftable!

6. Melee Specials for Staffs!
    I'd like to see a few of the spear specials become available for staves. Why? Would just be freakin' cool, I think. The "Barrier" and "Rocket Spear" specials in PARTICULAR would mesh really well with staves and their usage. Basically, this would give them an emergency quick-attack to keep enemies at bay
    (the same reason I want spin attack on the Hammers) so they can use their charge-up primary attack. Just imagine, you're surrounded, but then you whip out a blade whirl!

7. Honey!
    Back to food again! I dunno if you noticed, but we managed to save the honeybees! Hurray! Now we can pretend it's not likely for them to be extinct in the future and add them in as a method of obtaining honey. On top of making some desserts, Honey could be used as an ingredient in "Honey-roasted" meats of all types, including bacon! ... I was never a fan of honey-roasted meats myself, but I imagine plenty of people ARE. And of course Honey could become a key ingredient in medicines!

8. Marshmallows!
    Simply crafted at a cooking table out of plain old sugar. Marshmallows could be used in the making of delicious SMORES, or Rice Crispy Treats! But more importantly, they become a key ingredient in...

9. Hot Cocoa!
    I dunno who it was on the staff who said "We don't need Hot Cocoa. We're throwing in a Mochaccino and they're BASICALLY the same thing, except one is clearly better because it also has COFFEE in it!", but that guy needs a slap. As someone who personally finds coffee to be a disgusting, smelly sludge, I find that notion insulting.

With that said, Hot Cocoa! Requires: Milk, Chocolate, Marshmallow, Honey. Applies Bonus Energy, Lightness, and Glowing. ... why? Holiday Spirit!

(... for the record, you should really make Chocolate require sugar to make. Have you ever had plain cocoa? It's very strong and lacks sweetness. It's like eating a spoonful of cinnamon powder. You just don't do it.)

And that's all I can think of for today!