1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else miss the old monster?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Palicence, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

Back in the early beta there were not any unique monster such as the Poptop, and Hemogoblin. Instead there were randomly generated monsters with different abilities such as breathing fire, or shoot spikes. My question is why do you think these were taken out and who else misses them?

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

what do you mean? procgen monsters are still in the game. it would be better if they still had randomized abilities, but at least theyre still here.

also, iirc the large flying procgen monsters do still have randomized ranged attacks

3. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

They were more randomly generated if that makes sense. To me a lot of the new ones seem a little repetitive.that or I have terrible luck finding monsters. Also all the birds only dive at me.

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I cannot begin to count the number of ways I don't miss fliers with projectile attacks.

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

they were the only spice in this otherwise boring taste of quadrillion wide soup. I miss them so much.

MysticMalevolence likes this.