RELEASED Dorohedoro theme MODs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by IronwillAlice, Mar 15, 2020.

1. IronwillAlice

IronwillAlice Void-Bound Voyager

I just watched Dorohedoro lately. And I love the dark of its atmosphere...The world where Magic-Users and Devils reside

de1.jpg
    d2.jpg

The whole culture in the magic-user world is based in the worship and fear of The Devils, creatures who once were sorcerers, but transcended their mortal existence and became god like entities, they are silly, violent, rude, narcissistic and incredible powerful, disrespect them is a death warrant and there are adoration sites, festivals and satanic symbols all over the world to praise them (satanic and catholic religion are represented trough images, but they are just illustrated because they also represent worship to the devil.
    https://dorohedoro.fandom.com/wiki/Category:The_Magic_User_World

I don't think that I will make these MOD in the same way I once use to make Undertale MOD...I've learned something in a very hard way.

The Bathhouse that inspired by some places in The magic-user world.

hell.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13oiySe5Dk34OLOvdh8nP0N6VRFYWJ_8E

Put it in the Map folder.

To be continue...

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OOOHH I Love this!!! Would be even better as a CP mod, rather than an .xnb replacement, though.
      It would be great to see wearable Masks too!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
      • IronwillAlice

What is CP mod mean? I really want to know. ><

• IronwillAlice

What is CP mod mean? I really want to know. ><

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

CP mod is a mod made with Content Patcher. Most mods nowadays use it because it is much easier than an .xnb mod:it doesn't need to be packed & unpacked, and won't break when the game updates. It's also able to be tracked by SMAPI, and Content Patcher mods can target just one area of a file- so many mods can edit the same tilesheet without issue and if there's a bug it's really easy to find out where it is- both of which aren't possible with .xnb mods.
            For example, to make your bathhouse mod a Content Patcher mod, you'd just need to:

1. Keep the tilesheet you made as a .png
            2. Make a content.json file that says something like:
            {
            "Format": "1.11",
            "Changes": [
            //Roman Bath House Retexture
            {
            "Action": "Load",
            "Target": "Maps/bathhouse_tiles",
            "FromFile": "MagicWorldBathHouse.png"
            }
            ]
            }​

(or whatever you'd like to call your tilesheet besides MagicWorldBathHouse.png)
            3. Make a manifest, which is how SMAPI will read your mod. It is also a .json file and would be something like:
            {
            "Name": "Dorohedoro Bath House",
            "Author": "IronwillAlice",
            "Version": "1.0.0",
            "Description": "Bath House inspired by Dorohedoro",
            "UniqueID": "IronwillAlice.DorohedoroBathHouse",
            "MinimumApiVersion": "3.2.0",
            "UpdateKeys": [],
            "ContentPackFor": {
            "UniqueID": "Pathoschild.ContentPatcher",
            "MinimumVersion": "1.11.0"
            }
            }

The one hurdle in this is to make sure the content.json and manifest.json save as .json files. This can be done through free programs like SublimeText or Notepad++, or you can just download any other mod for content patcher and replace the text of their manifest.json and content.json with something like I posted here.

If you have any more questions about making a CP version of your mod, I'd be happy to help! Always nice to see more Dorohedoro content!