Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@moou22: I would suspect that SleepWorker may be conflicting with Foxyfficiency (if you have the auto-pause option enabled in that mod) which is why the menu keeps popping up. There has also been one person who reported a conflict between SleepWorker and TimeSpeed when time was set to not pass indoors, but that doesn't seem to be your situation. Try disabling Foxyfficiency's auto-pause (or setting the threshold much higher) and see if that resolves the issue. Also, if you get further errors when trying to sleep, please post a log that includes them.

• moou22

moou22 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, that totally saved one of my saves!! But the other save gave me a new set of errors, apparently lol: https://log.smapi.io/d2L4dVAG

This time, I was still stuck in bed the next morning, things were fast forwarding, and it zoomed through the save screen the night before, preventing saving. Should I be deleting one of the time mods?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The log you provided does not include whatever the error is, so please provide a log that does, as otherwise we cannot aid you properly.

• Nyxarium

Nyxarium Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there, hope I'm posting this in the proper place. I've been playing with mods flawlessly for a while now, but i'm now getting this issue after starting on a new farm, and only on this particular day. Only difference I've noticed was that it's the day that Robin's axe quest pops up, but i've encountered no problems with it in the past. No matter what i do in the day, it crashes after i go to bed at night and try to save. This is my last log: https://log.smapi.io/t4APQXD2

Attached Files:

• moou22

moou22 Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/d2L4dVAG

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid the mod in question that is the issue is obfuscated, I've made the author aware, so it is up to them to find a way to solve the issue from there.

moou22 likes this.
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It looks like you have a outdated xnb mod installed that edits the dialogue xnb, please follow the instructions on this page to repair your content files: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Reset_your_content_files

• Nyxarium

Hi! Thanks for helping me out. Unfortunately, I've followed the instructions and replaced my xnb files with the originals, but it still crashes when i try to go to sleep at night. Does the log show that it's the same issue still? I'm not sure what to do now... SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io/wXLuMpDY

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Then I am afraid it is likely one of your content patcher mods that is at fault.

Please try loading the game without any of them (Backup your safe before you do!) and see if it works then.

If it does, add half the mods back in, and try again, if it works - then half the remaining mods again & repeat like that, all the while keeping note of what mods you are adding.
                    Once it doesnt work, filter out all but the mods you last added, and then remove (and keep note of) half of those.
                    Keep filtering down, and eventually you should know the culprit, and can report to the author of that mod that the issue exists :)

• Nyxarium

Oh wow, not sure why i didn't assume it could've been one of my cp mods. I'm fairly new to modding my game lol. Thanks again for your help! I'll see if i can weed out the problematic file.

• quinq

quinq Aquatic Astronaut

Hopefully this is the right place as this isn't an issue with a mod but with SMAPI itself

SMAPI 2.7, SV 1.3.28, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, Mac OS Mojave

The problem is that whenever SMAPI is running - even with no mods loaded - it overrides my controller mapping. I'm using a switch pro controller on Mac, with Steam Beta Updates.

I've tried:
                        - steam controller mapping
                        - 3rd party controller mapping (enjoy2 and controllermate, no joy2key on mac)
                        - reinstalling SMAPI
                        - loading controller mods
                        - loading "disable controller" mod (designed to disable SV's default controller options allowing joy2key for windows to take over)
                        - different controllers (another pro controller, xbox 360 wired, ps4 wired)
                        - loading game without SMAPI - this is the only way to get the controller to work

Bizarrely, it doesn't completely disable the controller, it reduces it down to 3 functions: right joystick for mouse movement, right trigger for left click, + for open menu. Interestingly, when playing with SMAPI the "gamepad mode activated" popup appears, but when playing without it doesn't, and the controller functions properly. Without SMAPI, the controller goes to the SV defaults if left alone, or to the mapping I set with Steam/other apps.

Here's the log (although fairly bare atm because i tried reinstalling SMAPI this morning): https://log.smapi.io/WfKE3Yz9

this is where i think the problem is (although i'm no expert, i'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall here):

13:39:50 INFO SMAPI Console Commands 2.7 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
                        Any help greatly appreciated :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

While I am certain that pathos will be by to try and help you, I do have to say that controller support is incredibly finicky in the first place, and SMAPI often ends up breaking steam integration due to steam trying to apply them to the SMAPI window rather then the SDV window.
                          As far as I know there is no perfect fix for this.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Starbending

Starbending Space Hobo

Okay, playing Stardew on PC w/ no controller just mouse and whatnot? Smapi keeps reading out error logs, but I can't understand a lick of it.
                            https://log.smapi.io/3NaFvAPX
                            There's the log itself? I'm not sure what to do from here. Any help?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Starbending Does it still happen after restarting your computer?

• Starbending

Starbending Space Hobo

Right, well, I had restarted four separate times... Figured doing once more would show y'all the logs after a fresh restart.... and now it works. So, uh, sorry to take up you're time ahaha

• bellajlrjlr

bellajlrjlr Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys, I've gone through and updated all my mods to the best of my knowledge and can't quite figure out what's going wrong with my game, as it crashes each night after going to bed and before saving!
                                  Here's the log, any help is greatly appreciated!
                                  https://log.smapi.io/F7nPjwUr

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@bellajlrjlr The crash is related to setting up dialogue for the next day. My guess is "Flirtier Alex Dialogue Overhaul" but you may wish to temporarily remove all your dialogue mods and play through the day without them. After a successful save you can put them back.

• bellajlrjlr

bellajlrjlr Void-Bound Voyager

@MouseyPounds thank you so much!! I've had issues with that one in the past-

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

(The upcoming SMAPI 2.8 intercepts dialogue parse errors, so you should get far fewer crashes like that.)

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.