1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Draconis- The race of humanoid dragons 1.4

A mod that adds a race of playable half-dragons.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

OK, I think I see how to do it, but not enough time.

I know how to fix this, and it's an easy fix.

I'll do it when I get home. I don't know if this way will allow the elemental resistances and such, but the fall damage and jump height, YES. Felins does the same thing, so I know this will work.

2. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

How? 7Zip won't even work for me.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I right-clicked the file and moused over "7Zip" and clicked "Open Archive".

Opened right up, no problems.

4. Wakaitsu

Wakaitsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

I have it installed. I get the following in the archive testing window:

Ha. WinRAR to the rescue. Got the archive unpacked. Hopefully. :wtf:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I FIXED IT.

Okay, @Notameme , @Wakaitsu :

Do all the following inside of the \dragonrace\ mod folder:

Step 1: Delete the folder \scripts\ (and the file raceeffects.lua.patch). You can't patch a .lua file, so this file is absolutely useless.
    Step 2: Add this line in \species\dragon.species :

Code:
      "statusEffects" : [ "racedragon" ],
    It should go right before the "skull" line on Line 11 of this file.

Step 3: Go to \stats\effects\ and rename the folder "fu_racialabilities" to "racedragon".

Step 4: Delete the following from racedragon.lua:

Code:
      mcontroller.controlModifiers({
        speedModifier = 1.09,
        airJumpModifier = 1.1,
        airForce = 56
       }) 
    These are lines 40 through 44. The reason why, is because the following code right after it does the exact same thing, only slightly different values. I'm assuming this was an oversight of some sort?

Step 5: delete the "end" on Line 51. It is extra and doesn't belong there and is most likely causing the script to end prematurely.

After doing that, the bonuses should work properly, and Frackin'Races should not be required at all (though I can't say that with 100% certainty -- need someone without FR to test that).

EDIT: And yes, the thing is a .rar so you might want to rename the mod with a .rar extension and re-upload it so that people aren't confused as to why Windows keeps telling them it's an invalid .zip.

EDIT2: I also notice that there are several missing armor warnings, I'll see if I can fix those too.

EDIT3: Found the missing outfit problems. In the \recipes\spinningwheel\clothes\ and in \recipes\furniture2\doors\ folder, you've got a bunch of recipes pointing to sktest_____ .... simply change all instances of sktest to Dragon.

Note that the D must be capitalized; variables are Case-Sensitive.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Perhaps I spoke too early, something weird is going on with the code... you get the slower fall, but still take full damage when you hit the ground. I'll have to look at it again later and figure out why that is.

EDIT: For now, I'm going to change the fallDamageMultiplier in racedragon.lua to 0.35 (from 1). At least then you won't die from normal jumps off of small dropoffs, lol. This is the same value used in Frackin'Races for Avian (whose slow fall this mod seems to mimic).

8. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I'm getting a load of error messages in my log file pertaining to missing item references from this mod.

[18:34:26.124] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2chest'
    [18:34:26.411] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4chest'
    [18:34:27.074] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1legs'
    [18:34:31.110] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3chest'
    [18:34:33.210] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshipdoor, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshipdoor'
    [18:34:33.217] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshiphatch, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshiphatch'
    [18:34:33.224] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1chest'
    [18:34:33.232] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2legs'
    [18:34:33.239] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3legs'
    [18:34:33.246] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4legs'
    [18:34:34.004] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4chest'
    [18:34:34.011] [Error] Could not create blueprint item from recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4chest'
    [18:34:35.810] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3chest'
    [18:34:36.339] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2chest'
    [18:34:36.770] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2legs'
    [18:34:37.098] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1legs'
    [18:34:38.255] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4legs'
    [18:34:39.732] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshiphatch, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshiphatch'
    [18:34:40.449] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshipdoor, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshipdoor'
    [18:34:40.456] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1chest'
    [18:34:40.463] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3legs'

Hope you can clear this up. :)

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I literally JUST posted how to fix that 2 posts right above yours. read Edits #2 and #3.

10. H4Dragons

H4Dragons Void-Bound Voyager

[16: 08: 32.588] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2chest'
    [16: 08: 32.685] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4chest'
    [16: 08: 32.886] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshipdoor, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshipdoor'
    [16: 08: 32.901] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1legs'
    [16: 08: 32.938] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3chest'
    [16: 08: 33.000] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_elitesigmamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [16: 08: 33.032] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1chest'
    [16: 08: 33.199] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[flagsktest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'flagsktest'
    [16: 08: 33.206] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshiphatch, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshiphatch'
    [16: 08: 33.212] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2legs'
    [16: 08: 33.219] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3legs'
    [16: 08: 33.226] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4legs'
    [16: 08: 33.284] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_piraterhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [16: 08: 33.290] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_rhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'feroziumcompound'
    [16: 08: 33.296] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_roninrhomechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'imperviumcompound'
    [16: 08: 33.303] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/roboticcraftingtable/xsm_thetamechcontroller.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'refinedrubium'
    [16: 08: 33.386] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3legs'
    [16: 08: 33.421] [Error] Could not create blueprint item from recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3legs'
    [16: 08: 33.581] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshipdoor, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshipdoor'
    [16: 08: 33.635] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit3chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit3chest'
    [16: 08: 33.654] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4chest'
    [16: 08: 33.708] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2legs'
    [16: 08: 33.753] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[flagsktest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'flagsktest'
    [16: 08: 33.776] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit2chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit2chest'
    [16: 08: 33.816] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1legs'
    [16: 08: 33.849] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit1chest, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit1chest'
    [16: 08: 33.882] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestshiphatch, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestshiphatch'
    [16: 08: 33.888] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sktestoutfit4legs, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sktestoutfit4legs'
    [16: 08: 33.906] [Info] Root: Loaded ItemDatabase in 26.5219 seconds
    [16: 08: 34.480] [Info] Root: Loaded CollectionDatabase in 17.3027 seconds
    [16: 08: 38.878] [Info] detected supported OpenGL texture size 16384, using atlasNumCells 256
    [16: 09: 32.603] [Info] Application: quit requested
    [16: 09: 32.603] [Info] Application: quitting...
    [16: 09: 32.603] [Info] Application: shutdown...
    [16: 09: 32.772] [Info] Root: Shutting down Root
    [16: 09: 33.212] [Info] Application: Destroying SDL Window
    [16: 09: 33.429] [Info] Application: stopped gracefully

Used all fixes posted i think and still having problems

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

^^^
    Has nothing to do with this mod.

And do you have this mod installed twice or something? I don't know why it is spitting out TWO errors for each of the sktest items, but yes, I already posted the fix above.

13. H4Dragons

H4Dragons Void-Bound Voyager

the game wont even launch with dragon races installed now

Also i used your fix seems it did nothing

Edit: I found my problem i had completely missed the last step to your fix and it was causing MOST of the problems other problems where caused by other mods witch where fixed

Edit 2: lol nvm for some reason stoped working after one launch. I have no idea what to do at this point

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  14. AvalonArrival

AvalonArrival Void-Bound Voyager

I cant seem to get a working download of the mod from here, every time i try to open the folder it says windows can not open this folder because the file is invalid, can someone help me out?

15. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Use WinRAR. I had to.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, this file is NOT a zip, but rather a rar despite what the extension says.

@H4Dragons :
    Sounds like you've got multiple mod issues. I've verified the fixes I posted above work, if they are followed exactly as I have written. My recommendation is that you..

1). Uninstall this mod (temporarily move the folder elsewhere), and see if the game loads up without crashing. This will temporarily cause any half-dragon characters to disappear from the character select. Don't be alarmed; they're still there and they'll be waiting when you reinstall the mod.
    2). If the game boots up without crashing, replace the folder. If it DOES crash, then it's another mod causing it.
    3). If it crashes after replacing the folder, delete this mod, and re-download it.
    4). Follow the above directions exactly, step by step.

And then we'll see. Oh, and pastebin a log here if it crashes again after that.

17. ViperTheShifter

ViperTheShifter Orbital Explorer

when i download this mod, and attempt to open, my computer says it is invalid

18. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

19. ViperTheShifter

ViperTheShifter Orbital Explorer

Thank you it worked

20. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found