Race Dragoknights

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Dragonith, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Duuuude, I really hope your race will be added. Good luck with it!X3

Dragonith likes this.
  2. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

After all, everyone always forgets about the mods. Suggestions can be somewhat translated as "Please put it in game but if not it's OK we'll still mod it!". At least from my point of view. And, as I'm very likely to use mods, why not?
    Also, the race itself is cool. Somewhat looks like they've got drills for faces, but still cool.

Jarod, GunmanRex and Dragonith like this.
  3. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

making a whole new race would be VERY hard
    -dungeons
    -npc
    -animation
    -villages
    -clothing
    -backstory
    would definitely be dlc

Bamseper likes this.
  4. I'm fully aware of the difficulties.

5. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Starbound is being made for modding so you should try making it possibly with some fans help
    and you should take the base from another race and overlap your images (that would take away most of the work but if you wanted it perfect you'd have to do more work)
    then i suggest you edit the sprites a little (they are great but can always be better), mostly the horns (it looks like they only have one)
    implementation of race specific items shouldn't be too hard as chucklefish made it easier before implementing the crap-ton they had

6. 14sep98

14sep98 Astral Cartographer

they look cool

7. Phantomhearts

Phantomhearts Phantasmal Quasar

It has been done before with skyrim aswell. Someone has created a mod to rival the dlc

8. demongoat

demongoat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay first, great art. You got talent, yo!
    But seriously, 'Medieval Dragons'? That can't have taken long to come up with. We've already got a semi-medieval race in Starbound anyway so there's another problem with originality.
    Overall it's definitely one of the better/best race suggestions, being that it doesn't look like it was copy+pasted from DeviantArt. Good job!

Jarod likes this.
  9. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

:seriously: I'm pretty darn sure that this race was posted before we got our first glimpse of the Glitch... Correct me if I'm wrong...

qazxcwe likes this.
  10. demongoat

Doesn't matter which came first, Glitch got in first. Medieval-Glitch are already in, so this idea needs to be tweaked!

11. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

well i will check just to be sure

12. qazxcwe

qazxcwe Phantasmal Quasar

You do realise how old this thread is right?
    I joined the starbound community about the same time this thread was made.

13. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

this came first (July 18,2012)
    official reveal of the Glitch was February 13, 2013
    but you could also see them hidden in the Floran intro November 15, 2012

14. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Dragoknight.png (besides the backround:rofl:) i think this makes it look a little smoother

Brutaka316 likes this.
  15. --
    ^Pretty much what these guys said. This idea was made loooooooooong before the Glitches were even official. It's a spin on dragons being the 'heroes' instead of the ones to be slain. Rather than completely change their history as a medieval race, I'm working on giving them enough depth to differentiate them from the Glitch as a whole. Besides, I put too much effort into their lore and planned content to make a switch desirable.
    I do plan on revamping the sprites soon, but that's not bad. :p

Jarod likes this.
  16. Flying Potato of Doom

Flying Potato of Doom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks really good, thinking of suggesting a race myselfs...
    Modders will probably work their magic once the game is out and add them anyways.

Jarod likes this.
  17. Magma Claw

Magma Claw Existential Complex

MUHAHAHAHAAHAHH HAHAH HAH HH *cough* *cough*

Jarod likes this.
  18. demongoat

Seems like people took offense. Didn't mean it in a bad way, the point is that the Glitch are in and this isn't so this has to be tweaked. It's like if someone suggested samurai frogs before Hyotl, the fact is that the race is in is the 'Original' race because it's lore.
    Hope you guys understand what I'm sayin'!

19. It's fine. Regardless of what got in and what didn't, as I said I don't intend to change their medieval theme to another one. The amount of changes I'd have to do would be too much to simply edit this race. I'm content with their current theme, and I'm going to continue to work on it. At this point, its fair to say my race is leaning more towards mod implementation instead of becoming an official race.

20. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

look what you people make me do when im bored :rolleyes:
    DRAGOKNIGHT BABY Dragoknight baby.png

Brutaka316, Epicface and GunmanRex like this.