Draw a Dlisq!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jareix Cryvix, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Okay, so I'm currently working on a mod (plz check it out here), and I need some more ideas for the ship pet sprites... Adorable tiny saurian reptiles that can vary extremely in design. Kinda like micro-sized T-Rexi. And then I decided, since they can vary in design so much, why don't I see what other people come up with! So that's what this thread is for! To see what kind of adorable little dino monsters people can come up with!
    All you have to do, is draw one, and post along with a name for the type, and possibly some info.
    greendlisq.png

The typical Dlisq is about 1-2 feet in height, with digitigrade feet, two fore-claws (with three claws, one opposable), and a tail for counter-balancing. Their posture is typically dipped like seen here, while a straightening out for running. However, these Dlisq typically tend to use their powerful legs to hop very quickly with much control, and look very adorable when doing so. Their diet is mostly carnivorous, though they will occasionally chew on grains and plants.

However, this is just what the typical pet Dlisq looks like... Yours can look totally different! Jus know that if I really like the design and end up implementing it as a pet, I may end up changing it to better work with the sprites.
    image.jpg

Since this is my mod, these Dlisq are mostly found on the planet Treiach, which is actually pretty similar to earth in climate, and possesses many of the different biomes found here...

However, I'm giving everyone creative reign on this, so go wild!

By @Crossfang!
    image.jpg
    These little rascals are more nocturnal, and are often found in the more rocky terrain of the mountains, highlands, rock plains, and plateaus. They hunt using pack ambush tactics and are vicious killers, using their huge jaws to crush bones with incredible ease... Often killing one prey at a time without alerting the others.

by @Machofish
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A critical hit!
    [​IMG]

By @rhomboid

[​IMG]
    introducing the frilled dlisq, who inhabit the forested areas of savanna areas. they're quite small, and while carnivorous, use their frills to scare off larger predators.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    ZAYABUCKET and Crossfang like this.
  2. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I'd like to give it a try :)

I'll be back once it is finished

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  3. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'll be making some!
    Also, I'm curious to see the sprites of this creatures.. if some of them will be added to your mod.

4. Jareix Cryvix

Once I get back home on Sunday, ill add the nighthawk Dlisq. I'll also be adding the sprite sheet to the references if anyone wants to modify it directly.

Lodish and Crossfang like this.
  5. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Can't wait! xD

6. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Okay I know I have no right to speak since I have 0 drawing skills but just an idea, What about a Dlisq that is feathered like a small raptor?

7. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I was going for that idea too. But mine is a combo of feather and scales. I mentioned about this idea on my thread a while ago. xD

HunterC1998 likes this.
  8. HunterC1998

Lol sorry for stealing ideas, that's about all I got idea wise, I'm a fool for dinosaurs and my minds going blank on the closest thing to one...

9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

you didnt stole the idea from me! silly xD
    as they say, great minds think alike! ;)

HunterC1998 likes this.
  10. HunterC1998

Okay good......please dont give me the plague..

Oh my god....autocorrect removed the don't in that bit....THAT would have been awkward..

Jareix Cryvix and Crossfang like this.
  11. Machofish

Machofish Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got started before I read the entire post. I didn't realize that the Dlisq art was intended for mod/concept development, so I kinda got carried away and sketched out a short comic already.

Oops. :slowpoke:

Am I allowed to post it here anyways? I'll just move it to my own thread if you want to keep the focus on developing sprites and concept art.

12. Jareix Cryvix

Of course! It doesn't have to be for the mod, though just know that posting it here means I can use your design if I like it. With credit of course!

13. Machofish

Machofish Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, magnificent! I hope you'll get a smile out of this, then:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A critical hit!
    [​IMG]

(Does it seem like I have a deranged sense of humour? I'm starting to think so.)

14. HunterC1998

The distant eyes get me, it looks like a simple creature, it's not!

15. Jandroan

Jandroan Subatomic Cosmonaut

I may just try my hand at this...

TO THE ART-CAVE!!!

16. Jareix Cryvix

Hah! That's excellent! Though had I drawn a comic with a similar premise, those two would be begging for death... At that point, then it can be considered deranged... Right now, it's hilarious... Castration by Dlisq w/ clioskvi (a sports stick) will now be a canonical codex...

HunterC1998 and Lodish like this.
  17. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

frilleddlisq.png
    introducing the frilled dlisq, who inhabit the forested areas of savanna areas. they're quite small, and while carnivorous, use their frills to scare off larger predators.

(creativity amirite)

18. Jareix Cryvix

Hah! I love frilled lizards! I'll add it to the OP when I'm not bedridden...
    --- Post updated ---
    The Nighthawk dlisq have been officially added to the sallok mod!
    Nighthawk.gif
    Sneaky bugger...

Crossfang and rhomboid like this.
  19. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Here's my idea for the feathered Dlisq, also known as Roosterunt Dlisqs

WIP

[​IMG]

Jareix Cryvix and Lodish like this.
  20. Jareix Cryvix

IT'S SO FLUFFY!