Race Drozolians (mod in progress)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Relten, Jun 17, 2014.

?

Is this a decent race?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. Needs improvement

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I know there are probably better race suggestions, but...what the heck.... I'm going to throw this in anyways.

After a long decision I decided to make this as a mod complete with a custom ship, weapons, items and intro cutscene... Yay!
    this is going to be interesting an interesting one, comrade...

This will change as time goes on, and
    I plan on adding photos in the future. Also please leave feedback so I know where to improve. But please, no hate.

also excuse any misspellings and grammatical issues, i wrote this up late at night

Current Features------------------------
    Drozolians (Male and Female
    Tier 1 armor
    Klashkov Rifle
    Generals hat

BASIC DESCRIPTION------------------
    image.jpg
    *by Deathbringer
    image.jpg
    *by rhomboid :)

Drozolians are a race of crystalline beings, bearing from the frozen planet of stiatov, and resembling a little bit like humans. They can be seen in many colors, but usually tended a slightly darker color as to contrast with the frozen wastelands of which they thrive. Even though they live in originated from colder climates, Drozolians are able to quickly adapt to almost any environment meaning that there is no planet a Drozolian can't inhabit.
    they have always been a very religious and militaristic species, that have a hard head when it comes to accepting other races style of beliefs, which usually tends to annoy some races and is considered ignorant. They also have a tendency to try to force their ideas and beliefs on others, and it always ends up a problem one way or another.

Because they hail from a frozen planet, Drozolians prefer colder climates. Oddly, Drozolian culture resemble that of a Cold War style earth. (no pun intended) Being a militaristic society, technology advancement tends to usually have military applications and uses always in mind.
    Drozolians are resourceful and always find multiple ways to solve a problem.

Drozolians try to always look for powerful allies to assist in their galactic conquest, and also try to enact their Drozolian form of government on even their allies.

HISTORY ------------------------------------- (I will add more as time progresses)
    Drozolians were quite an advanced race, until a cataclysmic event drove the species to its knees. Now they spent their time discovering their past, and rebuilding the civilization to its former glory Either peacefully or by force, recently Drozolians have had break in research when an ancient satellite bearing a name in strange symbols was salvaged, bringing along with it a whole new style of life, and weaponry. thanks to the many files conveniently found on this satellite.

Drozolians think this satellite was an act from their god. Because of this markings simpler found on this satellite is used commonly in Drozolian culture

GOVERNMENT-----------------------
    Drozolians have adapted a hybrid of; Communist, technocratic, and theocratic style of government.
    While the workers are paid more, recently conquered planets are always forced to work, with little pay, this greatly improves the economy for Drozolians.

FOREIGN RELATIONSHIPS------------
    Currently being redone at the moment...

CUSTOMIZATION---------------------
    When creating a Drozolian the player has unique features like, crystal shape and color, and an unique personality.

WEAPONS-------------------------
    Drozolians have a few special weapons,
    * these weapons all have their own custom sounds

Edit: gun sounds no longer deafening. :)

The Crystalizer-
    a two handed medium ranged weapon with medium energy consumption, medium fire rate, and low damage, it also slows and weakens enemy defense with every hit. Essentially allowing the player to stack up damage
    (Sorta Implemented)

Heavy revolver-
    a one-handed powerful firearm, with power that goes unmatched compared to other pistols. This weapon also has an ability that causes the firing speed to increase slightly when using only the one revolver. the drawbacks, however is that it has a high energy consumption and slow firing rate. this weapon can only be obtained through killing a Drozolian officer, for now (because I don't have a crafting recipe for this yet)
    (Sorta Implemented)

Military handgun-
    tooltip: welcome to the army
    The military pistol is a *temporary* starting weapon for every Drozolian character, it has a low damage output, low energy cost, and medium fire rate.
    (Not implemented)

Paratrooper AR-
    Two handed assault rifle with a slightly shorter range...but only because of accuracy. But also a tiny speed boost with it
    (Not implemented)

Klaskov assault rifle-
    Re-textured assault rifle
    Found in chests on Drozolian planets

Mini-gun-
    A two handed weapon with ludicrous firing speed, and decent damage, even though it has a low energy cost, the weapon will chew through your energy like nobody's business. (Not Implemented yet)

RPG-
    Re-textured bazooka
    (Not Implemented)

CUSTOM ITEMS------------
    Drozolians will have custom items and their own flag.

Status--------------------
    Seriously not finished, needs help with sprites...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    MrLevi and clonerex123 like this.
  2. Stroodle

Stroodle Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds interesting. :)

3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Which part? :3
    Also if it's not too much of a hassle, is there any way I can improve this? :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  4. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Good concept to do like the idea for the government.

Relten likes this.
  5. Stroodle

The whole thing is pretty interesting, I especially like the idea that they have "risen from the ashes."

I would recommend making sure they are fairly balanced - the way you've described some areas sorta makes them sound a bit op. :coffee:

Relten likes this.
  6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Ok so balancing huh? Ok I shall improve on balancing. :)

7. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

image.jpg Introducing this beast!

The Balalaika! If you don't know what that is perhaps this shall at least explain it.

The balalaika (Russian: балала́йка,pronounced [bəlɐˈlajkə]) is a Russian stringed musical instrument with a characteristic triangular body and three strings.

The balalaika family of instrumentsincludes instruments of various sizes, from the highest-pitched to the lowest: the piccolo balalaika, prima balalaika, secunda balalaika, alto balalaika, bass balalaika, and contrabass balalaika. The prima balalaika is the most common. All have three-sided bodies; spruce, evergreen, or fir tops; and backs made of three to nine wooden sections (usually maple). They are typically strung with three strings.

The prima balalaika, secunda and alto are played either with the fingers or a plectrum (pick), depending on the music being played, and the bass and contrabass (equipped with extension legs that rest on the floor) are played with leather plectra. The rare piccolo instrument is usually played with a pick.

It also makes a very interesting sound :)
    Now, if I can get some help with this instrument on spriting...that would be nice

Of course this is just an idea that's being thrown here.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

ok well it looks like time to upload a little preview, so here ya go :3
    Drozolian.png
    Currently this is the male and its a work in progress as of now. Female preview in a bit

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    The Squid likes this.
  9. Stroodle

Looking good. Are there any colour variations or are they purely white? What would be the customisation options ( as in what areas would be changed)?

Sorry, just curious. :3

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I'm adding in other colors of course...be a little boring if not..and a few things will be changeable, like head crystals, eye color and maybe back crystals. The point is that I'm trying my hardest to look solid...because it ends up looking like a ghost, and I want this to look like an icy crystal being. Regardless of the color.

11. Stroodle

Ah, ok. Thanks.

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

No problem :)

13. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

Here's a sample i came up to possibly help with the head alteration, I'm not 100% sure if it targets the crystallized effect.
    It does give more of a crystal shape though, so the hair would be important to be "Sharp and Jagged".

First Imaged was done after the Second... I put the order in wrong.
    [​IMG]

Don't mind the body I'm using my mod to trial and error.

I was curious about the name, Drozillian sort of sounds like a race for dark elves. Wouldn't Crystillian or Crystalline be more suited?

14. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Yeah those look great. And the name was kinda just me smashing my face on the keyboard out of exhaustion at finding a name...well acually it was more like:
    droyitjfhgbmvcbzolas
    Then I kinda just rearranged and removed some letters and created the name, but I could change the name.
    But the thing is that the name needs to roll off the tongue nicely

15. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

HEAD SMASHING WINS AGAIN!!! xD

Relten likes this.
  16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Head smashing always wins

Why is studying Cold War russian fashion so f***ing difficult? If I can't find any then I guess, I just try to improvise... Uniforms perhaps? Speaking of uniforms, I think I'm going to use this style for tier 1 armor image.jpg
    One could also be tier 2 perhaps...any sugestions?

And here is some music from the motherland!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  17. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

OOHHH RUSSIAN CLOTHING, Fur trench coats and awesome skinned animal hats.

18. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Ah so basically like the picture above?

19. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not familiar with the left one but i am with the right one.

20. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

They are both uniforms belonging to an officer I think. Not completly sure on details sadly...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014