Race Drozolians (mod in progress)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Relten, Jun 17, 2014.

?

Is this a decent race?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. Needs improvement

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Vilyamar

Vilyamar Poptop Tamer

I'm not seeing a difference, they look great!

Relten likes this.
  2. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Ok I forgot to ask, what ship look do you want to see?

1)Vostok rocket
    2) tank
    3) bomber
    4) battleship

And while you are deciding, here is some music to listen to.

(Yes, I know it's not soviet, but it's from the same era, ok?

3. Vilyamar

Vilyamar Poptop Tamer

I'm thinking Bomber, maybe with instead of the usual placement of things, the teleporter in the payload bay, below the main ship.

4. ShamanMcLamie

ShamanMcLamie Big Damn Hero

Have you ever thought about them being fuzz balls instead of crystalline. The picture by Rhomboid makes them look fuzzy and it seems to fit their Russian style.

5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Fuzz balls? Never thought about that..

6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Acually, I just realized a major change like that will conflict with a lot of things...
    but i love the idea...if the crystal idea doesn't work out...i guess i could go with the fuzz balls...i just dont want to cause trouble with conflicting with the avali...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  7. Vilyamar

Vilyamar Poptop Tamer

I had an idea: Maybe crystal dyes as an Item you can find and put in the Vanity slot to change the crystal color?

Relten likes this.
  8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Anyone up for a pixel art challenge?
    Because the challenge is to make a ship...because I ABSOLUTLY suck at making one.

Also while I'm at it and posting
    Here is something:
    yes i know it's small...deal with it
    Copy of Guided MISSILES!!!.PNG
    this little jukebox could play something like this perhaps?

but it's just a suggestion, as im sure there is probably a better song to play on this

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  9. Vilyamar

Vilyamar Poptop Tamer

I'd be up for it, can you post the human ship image file? I'm having trouble finding it.[DOUBLEPOST=1410206959][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I made a first draft, I'll work on it more seriously when I have more time Drozalian Ship First Idea.png

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Relten likes this.
  10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

now i have finaly gotten back in the mood to make more thing relating to the mod, i thought it is high time I show off a couple of items for the mod

Copy of Template.png
    first lets start off with a long awaited item on my list, Drozolian Females!
    and at the same time, a slight showcase on customization (this one being the eyes)
    Klashkov rifle.png
    this next item is the Klashkov rifle
    not sure on the stats but thats not really the highest on my list of concerns...

mainly im just working on more customization options and making female armors.
    in the words of my comrades,
    BACK TO WORK!

11. ShamanMcLamie

ShamanMcLamie Big Damn Hero

I think this would be a much more popular song to have on the Jukebox. Most people have heard this VERSION of it. From what I've heard it's about a street peddler trying to get laid.

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

That's a good one, I shall get on to it

13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Drozolian Black ops.png
    Shhh...... this tier is way in the future...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  14. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

Haha, I love the Cold War era theme of this. I'm a sucker for the Soviets.
    You should learn to do scripting so that you can create this race. The scripting is not very hard at all, especially in the current stable build which has significantly less assets needed for each race than the nightly build.

Edit: I voted 'Needs improvement' on the poll. I can't say yes until there is an actual working race with full details, of course. :)

Relten likes this.
  15. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

This is neat as hell. Would love to see a race based off Russians.

16. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

Fix'd that for you. ;D

More specifically: The late-era Soviets.
    The earlier soviet union weren't very interested in developing technology for military purposes. That was very much a Stalin thing. The Cold War also did not occur until then.

Edit: The 'Russians' are an ethnic group, and this suggestion/race doesn't refer to any ethnic groups but only to a political era.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  17. Warped Perspectiv

That's a bit too normal, given the scifi setting. I would say look at some scifi type ships and try to implement the Soviet feel to it.

Like this one or this would be good too
    One more for reference (it's just another view of the second image I linked that I happened upon)

I personally would recommend taking the second picture and using that as a base to create a 2D ship of it.

18. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I am working on the scripting, it's just getting the animations and customization personally is the difficult part in my honest opinion.

19. Warped Perspectiv

I'd honestly offer to help, as I REALLY love this idea, but I have no knowledge or experience with scripting. I'm more an ideas/suggestion type person.

20. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

That's alright, I may need an idea for the starter clothes though, as currently it is just the human set