Race Drozolians (mod in progress)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Relten, Jun 17, 2014.

?

Is this a decent race?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. Needs improvement

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I looked at my stealthy armor that I made earlier and decided to fix the problems with it. once i accomplished that I ended up creating slightly different versions of the same armor. So i decided to post them because i thought they looked cool
    Drozolian Sleeper no NV.png
    The first one is more of a ski mask look by removing the goggles. I thought it looks nice, perhaps if I changed the torso and leg armor a bit, this could be a different set of armor all together.
    Drozolian Black ops.png
    this is the original one that I tweaked the issues that i personally wasn't very fond of.
    Drozolian Sleeper Cell.png
    Final one is a combination of the two...and it also may be my favorite one.

The Squid likes this.
  2. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

If you want to get serious about making this into a mod you should start by actually editing the art-assets, and using the correct number of pixels for the character.
    Just unpack the files and look in the assets/humanoid/human folder, grab those files and edit all the PNGs.

Edit: Copy them into a different folder, because the location described above are the ones for the humans, obviously.

3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Actually I have been doing that, :) although I'm feeling mine may be a bit too high resolution, like this one for example: image.jpg
    Otherwise I can say that it's not that much of a problem. The animations are the bit that's giving me serious carpal tunnel...

4. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm curious how it'd look if there the goggles being on one side was actually mirrored so there were four different green eyes for the goggles.

And I'm trying to think up outfits and armor, but all I can think of are Helghast and futuristic type stuff that isn't necessarily Soviet based. As far as I know there wasn't much diversity in uniforms for the Soviet forces. I mean you could base the different tiers on different terrain uniforms. Or could go with Stormtrooper armor, but find a way to make them more Soviet based.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

The armor could be millitary, but it doesn't have to....soviet union was also notorious for its cosmonaut and espionage programs too :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    The Squid likes this.
  6. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

Could start simple for the lower tiers and then as the tiers progress it gets more militarized and high tech.

7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Say, would many of them have cold resistance from the start?

8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

More than likely I was going to set that as their racial bonus

9. Hatsya Souji

or all of their clothing will have cold resistance, and probably nerf their movement speed due to the coats' heaviness

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

How much speed loss are we talking about?

11. Hatsya Souji

probably like negative 0.10 ~ 0.25

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

well....sprite sheets are hard......if anyone is interested in helping out with the sprites, i would be extremely thankful.
    Also you will be credited

13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

almost done with the sprites, once i accomplish that I shall release the mod.

14. Stroodle

Stroodle Phantasmal Quasar

This is coming along well, glad to see you're still working on it. :)

Relten likes this.
  15. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Well, anyone up for a challenge? I need a ship that is compatable with the new starbound update (A.K.A upbeat giraffe)....this includes the upgrades too...

Obviously you will be credited too if your ship is used :) please don't be shy.

16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I'm thinking on overhauling this soon because it is starting to look like the apex...any suggestions on how I can correct this?

17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

HURRAH!

Basic coding complete.....this shall be released as a mod REEEEAALLY soon...

now for the sprite work, I may need help on hair

18. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Ok, I have settled on an overhaul...I just need help with actually deciding how I want this to be set up.
    Here is a question, which of these do you guys and gals prefer?

1. hybrid of 1950s America with a soviet twist... (Atomic Age Armor)
    2. A 1960s race that is Heavily soviet inspired. (Soviet Armor)
    3. A bloody revolution initiated by the workers to overthrow the current ruler. (Revolutionary Armor)

Exiledone likes this.
  19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Option 1 sounds pretty cool. Can't wait until this is released!

Relten and Exiledone like this.