Ducks need to float :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jack Nevermore, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Nevermore

Jack Nevermore Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there =)

I built my coop next to the pond, so that my ducks and ducklings could go for a swim if they wanted to.
    If you'd ever find the time, please consider to give them the ability.
    Don't think about this as a demand, but a humble request. Thanks for all the effort you put into
    the game so far.

Kind regards,
    Jack

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

I agree, otherwise, they would just be sitting ducks.

• M.Car

M.Car Space Penguin Leader

-rimshot-

I also agree though. I'd love to see my duckies swimming and quacking! :D

• Evendius

Evendius Astral Cartographer

It would be pretty awesome but it would cause problems when you wanted to pet them

• DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

... god... damn you.

• Jack Nevermore

Jack Nevermore Void-Bound Voyager

First of all I'm glad to hear that others find it quite odd, too, not to see their ducks swim <3 I even found it slightly irritating, that they'd stay indoors in the rain all day.
              Maybe we need puddles that form on not used ground for them to play in?

I wonder just how long you stalked the forum just to make this one punchline xD

There's always the time right after they get up in the morning and go back to the coop in the evening where you'd have the chance to pet them.
              I could imagine, that when programming a swimming feature into their behaviour, adding a time window for this action is the smallest headache^^ (Just guessing here!)
              I built a fence around the coop with a gate. And before they're let out, I grab them and pet them *grin*

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

wait you mean they don't float !!!! -runs over to pond and only sees bubbles- Noooooooo Mr. Bigglesworth !!!

Quanahnator likes this.
                • Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

Seeing swimming duckies would be so cute!

• Njord

Njord Void-Bound Voyager

Please add this feature! And that they can eat from the ponds algea etc and not needing to eat as much grass or hay.

• AtomosomotA

AtomosomotA Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great ideas! Maybe you could have a small pond built for this purpose, shallow enough to still allow you to pet them as well?

• EmmaLVV

EmmaLVV Space Spelunker

I'd love to see this as well, as I also build my duck coop right near the pond for this very reason!