1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Dungeon Director's Toolset 1.3.0

Spawn wiring-activated Monsters, Bosses, and NPCs!

1. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have not tested that, nor will i get a chance to do so until sometime after I get back from A-Kon. I'm curious of why you would want to try that.

2. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

My laptop is acting so slow with all my mods, I can't beam down to planets without being forced back to my ship. Also, the Outpost is fine due to the CleF Mod making it less laggy.

3. RatixFarrence

I can relate. Back in Koala, when my laptop would play Starbound, it was very sluggish. Now it wouldn't even work.

HyperMan19680 likes this.
  4. RatixFarrence

Beginning work on the mod again. Right now I'm working in a few things before I get started, like when I go to do the bosses, that the NPCs don't spawn (simple removing of useless Lua, not to worry i'm making seperate versions of these bosses, for example: crystalboss will be crystalbossnonpc and robot will be robotnonpc.) Then I will work on the wired/timed spawns for them as well as their recipies, and also adding a recipe for lunar laser to the enemy apparatus.)

5. RatixFarrence

Between Practicing for a local lower national Smash Bros Tourney and work, I've been a little distracted from working on the spawners. A few things I'm currently in the middle of testing files before I proceed further towards working in the mod's 1.2 version features, some of which is posted right above this post.

6. RatixFarrence

I'm not dead, I was working on getting NPC spawners to be just as configurable as monster spawners, which is done. I can now make objects similar to the monster spawner objects I released in this mod, that spawn npcs of a custom stock/level. Wired and interval options. I am currently adding all the enemy NPCs to the Enemy Apparatus in preparation for the next release. I also added the Erchius Horror (crystalbossnonpc), Dreadwing the Pirate (penguinufo), and Shockhopper MKII (robotbossnonpc) to the Enemy Apparatus a short time ago. 1.3.0 is almost done!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. RatixFarrence

A lot of work ahead. I have very little time in-between work and sleep to set up the NPC spawner objects and recipes, let alone I have to import some code from apexturret.lua to my enemyturret.lua to work with the Unstable release, hopefully before stable release goes out. I may not have enough time though, so I might be late on that.

The colony update in Pleased Giraffe prevents the Enemy Turret from targeting players, and it only hits NPCs now. It is something to do with how the damage teams were adjusted during past Nightly branch updates. "damageTeam" : "Passive" used to target NPCs and Players. in prior versions. Now I have to figure out how to make the turret either:

Get more than one "damageTeam " : {"type": "string"}
    or
    Redo the code of the enemyturret.lua (a clone of /objects/wire/standingturret/standingturret.lua) to include code from the apex turret (/objects/apex/turret/turret.lua).

I dislike pushing out unfinished projects, but if stable hits early, I may not have my cake and eat it too.

Edit: I found out the solution, and it was quite simple! I simply had to replace a single string in a line of Lua. replacing monster as a potential target with a player.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  8. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence updated Wired Monster Spawners+ with a new update entry:

New wired spawner crafting stations, bosses, friendly and enemy NPCS.

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 Pangalactic Porcupine

I noticed the lack of icons for the spawners. Might I be of assistance as a sprite artist?

RatixFarrence likes this.
  10. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

UPDATE THIS PLEASE!!!

11. Celes-3_Guy

Celes-3_Guy Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, I got a question... how do you spawn anything ? I put the invisible spawner in and nothing appears when I use my wire tool... am I suppose to do something or what ?