Modding Help Dungeon protection by room?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Akari_Enderwolf, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

I want to make a dungeon at some point with certain rooms protected while the rest is freely accessible, and digable, and have it generate on planets. Is this something that is possible?

I also want to make it so the shielded rooms always appear when the dungeon is generated on a planet.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Exilyth

Exilyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most dungeons get their protection from a shield generator hidden in an inaccessible location.

Modding in a shield gen with a smaller radius might work, but I'd make the smaller shield gen a separate mod (so other mods can use it too).

3. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

another thing I'm wondering is if it's possible to link together wire objects from different sections of a random-gen dungeon, or if they would need to be one piece.
    I haven't looked into the shield generator yet, so I'm not sure how I would alter the radius, but protection seems to not center on the generator. So far Hylotl towns on ocean planets seem to have their generators at one edge or the other of their space. so I'm not sure it is a radius.

4. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't really played with dungeons but the protectorate allows you to dig some blocks, so you should probably check that one

Shieldgenerators don't work with a radius indeed; dungeons have Ids that cover the whole thing, and the function that manages the tile protection affect the whole dungeon which has that Id; from it's script, the important lines are
    Code:
      self.dungeonId = world.dungeonId(object.position())
    [...]
      world.setTileProtection(self.dungeonId, storage.state)