OOC Dungeons and penguins[need players]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jake9039, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Should I do the rolling of all the dice?

1. No, I want to be able to roll all of the dice that has to do with my character because I don't like

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes. I don't have any dice or don't want to have to roll them at seemingly random times of day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hybrid. I want yo roll some of my dice, but want my dice rolled for me other times.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

So I really have been getting into dungeons and dragons recently, and I have made a plethora of characters. I want to be able to play dnd with some of my favorite people; the people of this forum! I already have a campaign planned, I just need some people.
    I am going to be using dnd beyond for this campaign, so if you don't have an account yet, then please make one soon so you can do it.
    As always, we need some rules:
    1. Stay in character as much as possible
    2. Yes homebrew, no lasers. Keep it swords and sorcery.
    3. Follow all forum rules
    4. Dungeonmaster has final say. Even if you get a nat20 on bursting in flames, yet you are underwater, you can fail
    5. Please note if you want to do your own roles in the character sheet. If you do, then realise that 16 Nat 20's is not likely and will probably cause some refills.
    6. No interrupting posts. If people are handling a decision, do not, while d.m and player k are debating a dice roll, cast darkness on the dragon.
    Link to dndbeyond:
    dndbeyond.com
    Link to campaign:
    https://ddb.ac/campaigns/join/72329618065606

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds fun! I too really like DnD and have also made millions of characters. (Exaggeration) so soon as I'm back from School I'll take a look at DnD Beyond

3. Jake9039

well, when you get your character made, I'll make a few recommendations on how to make your character better.

4. BlazingPaladin

What rules are there? Like encumbrance, extra races/classes, banned races/classes, Etc.

5. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ahhh I'd love to join but I have 0 idea how to make a proper CS

6. BlazingPaladin

7. Jake9039

Can you put it in my campaign? Otherwise I am unable to access it. Follow the second link and chose your character.

Also, @Witch Cat if you use dnd beyond, it will walk you through it.

8. dieselriley

dieselriley Void-Bound Voyager

@Witch Cat I suggest you ask someone to help you with creating a character rather than using DnD beyond, as it requires you to purchase EVERYTHING, making it virtually useless

Witch Cat likes this.
  9. Jake9039

Not everything. I can still make characters without buying things.

10. dieselriley

Well... you are stuck to 1 archetype per class, and none of the actually good ones, or at least ones that don't require feats to be fun. There are no feats, you gain access only to some feats, and only some races are available.

11. dieselriley

If you ever need help with the campaign, hit me up of Ze High Counsel. I already told you I have allllllllll the books. Also Xp or milestone system?

12. Jake9039

Milestone, of course. Also, I'm only using dnd beyond for this campaign, for ease of access to characters.

13. dieselriley

Ugghghghghghghghgh, are there any stats on DnD beyond or are you creating characters for encounters?

Witch Cat likes this.
  14. Witch Cat

and what amount of detail are you expecting for the CS? Are we sticking 100% to how regular DND CS's are made?

15. dieselriley

Is Blood Hunter not allowed on your "campaign?"

16. dieselriley

You cannot stay "regular" with DnD Beyond, almost everything is paid for, and I already have every book and would be willing to help anybody anywhere who wanted to make a character, as studying for finals is not a priority for me, being a straight A student

17. dieselriley

And I'm referring to how Jake9039 makes his campaigns, as he has none of the books, he uses DnD beyond to create villains and enemies, but because of the limited stuff, he can't make much for the actual campaigns

18. Witch Cat

womp womp this seems to be getting increasingly difficult. Aren't there like, free D&D managers online? I could've sworn there were some.

19. dieselriley

It isn't very complex, so long as you don't use DnD beyond, which doesn't explain any of the base rules

20. dieselriley

And I don't know about any D&D managers