1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Duration Bars for Shield Generator and Time Stop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Biomatter, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Simple suggestion. Most 'Use Items' such as Massive Leech and Pills have a bar above the player that lets you know when the effects will end. I would really like something similar for the Shield Generator and the Time Stop. Then I would be ready to dodge the first attack once I am vulnerable, because sometimes it can be quite painful when 5+ enemies all attack at once!

Additionally, it would be really cool if the item that doubles 'Use Item' duration would affect this bar, so you know if you are going to get extra time and don't waste time running away only to find the effect still in place.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I could see that being good but, if you add that bar though it takes that air of mystery of 'oh shit, my shields almost gone I think, better GTFO', same could be said about the watch.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

He did include the watch, I believe listing it as Time Stop (BTW, Bio, your app thingy with the Magic card linking thing is doing it again)

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

This is something I've been meaning to suggest. This function could be added to the use item's cooldown on the bottom of the screen. When an item is used, it displays a countdown for the item's effect, then when the effect ends it changes to display the cooldown like normal. Bars are good too.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I know, I did mention the watch," same could be said about the watch." reading failure? :p

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, misinterpreted what you said, the grammar tied my brain in a knot. ;P

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I've seen a similar thread about this around here somewhere. There, I suggested the same I'll suggest here: the Time Stop could have a clockhand and a small transparent clock dial surrounding the player. The clockhand races around the dial as the timer runs out. When it returns to the '12' position, the timer ends and the effect too. Maybe it could have a neat little 'exit' effect as it wears off, for example having the clockhand 'explode' outwards as it fades away.