1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Dye Remover removed my entire chestpiece

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kamikun, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Kamikun

Kamikun Space Hobo

I had dyed my Sentinel's Breastplate (Floran Accelerator T6) green, and was attempting to remove the dye using dye remover. Upon applying the dye remover, the entire breastplate disappeared, as if deleted. It didn't get mistakenly dropped or put into my inventory or a chest somewhere, it's entirely gone.
    I don't (yet) have the materials to see if I can replicate the issue.
    After dying it, but before removing the dye, I had talked to my ship's tailor and made the breastplate the standard uniform for my crew. Not sure if that's relevant.

No mods.
    Windows 10, 64-bit.
    Full screen.

2. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have tried it multiple times but could not replicate it, could you maybe give more details on what else you ware wearing? Anything in vanity slots, EPP tier & upgrade module etc.
    Personally I think it may have been a one time thing but I'd like to put my self in the exact same scenario to try to replicate it one more time.

3. Kamikun

Kamikun Space Hobo

EPP was Cooling with Light III augment, vanitied to Predatory Back (from Floran Ancestral Hunting Grounds mission)
    All armor was Sentinel's (Floran Accelerator T6). Helm was undyed, legs and chest were dyed Green at the time.
    Chestpiece and legs were vanitied to Predatory Chest and Trousers respectively (from Floran Ancestral Hunting Grounds mission)
    Helm was vanitied to Vicious Mask (from Floran Ancestral Hunting Grounds mission)

4. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welp I've tested it with this set up but still nothing, I guess something else every specific must have been the cause.

You can always spawn back any items you lose to bugs using admin commands if you're lazy like me.
    Just go
    /admin
    /spawnitem florantier6achest 1
    /admin (to remove admin mode which makes you immortal)
    although by now you probably gathered enough resources for a replacement anyway.

EDIT---
    Yes, I did use the wrong mask in the video but I've tested it again with the right one for the same result(or the lack of)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016