1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue E.A.S.E.L. won't "scan input" for wired signs

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Specter Terrasbane, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Specter Terrasbane

Specter Terrasbane Void-Bound Voyager

At the Outpost, I created a wired sign with multiple animation frames at E.A.S.E.L., went back to my ship, and tested that the animation worked.

I then returned to E.A.S.E.L., put the sign in the Input slot of the EASEL Cabinet, opened E.A.S.E.L., clicked "scan input" ... and nothing.

Tried hitting "new" first, tried drawing something then hitting "scan input" ... nothing; no effect whatsoever.

Attempted creating a single-frame (non-wired) sign, was able to scan that back in, no problem.

Attempted creating a multiple-frame (again, NON-wired) sign, was ALSO able to scan that back in, no problems.

It appears that some bug is preventing wired signs from being scanned?

Version 1.0.3, Windows 10, 64 bit, no mods.

MadBiskit likes this.
  2. MadBiskit

MadBiskit Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same problem. Before the update, the "scan input" from the E.A.S.E.L. worked perfectly.

-- Update --

the "scan input" works if the sign doesn't have 'wired' option on.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  3. Specter Terrasbane

Specter Terrasbane Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, that's what I saw as well:

4. UlfDerDritte

UlfDerDritte Aquatic Astronaut

It seems like in the 1.0 update of Starbound there was created some kind of bug, so that wired signs don't get recognized as signs. For example wired signs don't connect to a big sign if they are placed next to each other, while normal signs do.