1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Earnest query. Are Glitch voices mostly devoid of emotion?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Matanui3, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

Because the way they say their feelings before speaking reminds me of the Elcor from Mass Effect, who did that because the way they communicated emotion was with scent, so other species couldn't pick up on it (and their voices were very monotone).

2. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

6-year bump. curious: i would also like to know.

edit: if anyone also has a list of emotion words that the glitch or elcor might say before saying something, please let me know xD

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Don't know about a list, but they are not devoid of it. They were made to imitate them, so they do have them. They just express it in a different way, in this sense the dialect of being a hive mind before being free. So things are more direct and upfront in words, instead of within body language. Although I could imagine the body language is there, it is more of a confirmation of expression before they say something.

It is how I see it.