RELEASED Easier Fishing (Standalone) (1.4 BETA + 1.5) 1.5a

Easier Fishing Standalone

1. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

tried Uploading got a message about it "not being an allowed file type"

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Put your save into a zip file and then upload it.

• Demogarose

*derp* should have thought of that myself

Attached Files:

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I'm hoping you got hit with the fullscreen bug reported here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/game-crashing-when-trying-to-load.132553/
          and here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/unable-to-load-save-file.132646/

So, I changed your fullscreen from "true" to "false" in the save file. Let me know if it loads.

If not, then you probably got hit with the bug that crashes a game saved with an outstanding quest. I would need your "SaveGameInfo" file to fix that. It's in the same folder as your savegame -- you can zip them up together or separately and upload here.

Let's see if this file works first. If not, please report back! :)

Attached Files:

• Demogarose

it was indeed the Fullscreen bug!!! (I loaded the game in Windowed mode, then as soon i i tried to switch it to Full it crashed! at least i can play in Borderless window fine)

Edit: hey, could you give me some instructions on how to fix this in another file? You fixed the one I REALLY cared about, but I do still have one more that will still CTD, likely the same bug.

Xylia likes this.
            • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Sure. You have to open the file with a text editor (like Notepad) and search for <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
              Change it to <fullscreen>false</fullscreen>
              The only difficult part is getting the text editor to load a really large save file. It may take a few moments for it to load, or for it to find the text. Really, I don't expect it'll be a problem for you, though. :)
              (As always, if you do have any problems, please report back so I can help!)
              :D

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Could use Notepad++ (free download) if regular notepad won't do it.

Glad to hear your issue was fixed, though!

deathnatedog likes this.
                • scdoster

scdoster Space Hobo

Could someone please explain to me how to :Navigate to \Stardew Valley\Content\Data\

I cannot fish at all in this game. I have had exactly 2 hits despite fishing for hours on end. Except for fishing, I really enjoy the game. I would love to be able to utilize this mod, but I downloaded the game through Steam and have no idea how to get to the file mentioned. Thank you for the help.

ETA: I am using Windows 10 and downloaded the game to my desktop, if that makes any difference.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
                  • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I dunno if this works on Win10, but in Win7, you'd simply Right-click whatever icon you use to open it, click Properties. You'll see a popup window.

In this popup window, there should be a button that says "Open File Location". Click that, and it should open an explorer window to that folder.

EDIT: This should show you how:

[​IMG]

EDIT2: Once you do that, you will then click on "Content" and then "Data" because opening the folder containing Stardew Valley's .exe will take you to \Stardew Valley\, not \Stardew Valley\Content\Data.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
                    • scdoster

scdoster Space Hobo

I clicked on every tab that is brought up when I click on "Properties," but none of them had an "Open File Location" button.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Blah, I don't get why they would remove that in Win10...

Do you at least see the "Path" box like in the screenshot above? If it says C:\foo\bar\this then you would just click on "foo", then "bar", and then "this" in that order to get to that folder.

• scdoster

scdoster Space Hobo

The only "Path" box of any kind that shows up is the URL for Steam. That is all.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Oh wait, you are using Steam? When you said that you "downloaded it to your desktop", I didn't think you were using Steam to play it...

Well, in Steam's Library, you would simply right click the game's entry, go into properties, click the "Local Files" tab, and then the top button says "Browse Local Files".

• scdoster

scdoster Space Hobo

Thank you. That worked! I appreciate all the help.

Xylia likes this.
                              • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Glad to hear it! Sorry about the initial misunderstanding, lol.

• scdoster

scdoster Space Hobo

No worries. I am just happy it worked. Hopefully I can actually catch more than 1 fish - my current total in the game - now!

• scdoster

scdoster Space Hobo

Well, evidently I am just going to be a complete idiot at fishing forever. I have managed to catch 1 fish despite the fact that I have spent the better part of 5 days doing nothing but fishing. I thought the idea was to keep the fish on the left hand side in the little green box, but the right hand side keeps bottoming out on me. I do not know if it is because I am not using a mouse, but rather laptop buttons or what.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Basically, how the system works, is that there's the fish that goes up and down, and you have a little green box.

Every time you click, you apply a tiny small amount of up force on that little green box, so you gotta keep clicking the button repeatedly to keep applying "pressure" to raise the green bar. You gotta keep this green bar underneath the fish. The meter on the right shows your progress towards catching the fish -- once you fill it up the whole way, you will successfully catch the fish.

[​IMG]

In the above image, "A" is the progress meter. This needs to fill completely for you to catch the fish.

"C" is the green bar that you move by left-clicking. Each time you click, you put upwards "pressure" on it, but only a tiny amount. The more you click, the more pressure you put up on it. The bar also has "weight" (it wants to sink when you are not clicking, and it will also bounce off the bottom if it sinks fast enough).

"B" Is the Fish. You need to move "C" to keep it underneath the fish. While "C" is underneath "B", "A" will fill in. If the Fish is NOT ontop of the green bar, "A" will deplete until it goes empty at which point you fail to catch the fish.

• ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

To clarify this slightly, it's holding down on the mouse button (or laptop equivalent, or the Use Tool key [C]) not clicking it as such, that applies upward force to the bar. In other words, for maximum go-up-ness hold it down continuously. Clicking repeatedly will tend to make the bar hover in place (which is also useful of course).

Xylia likes this.
                                        • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

OH! Right, sorry about that!

Haha, thanks for helping out with that. It's ... been a few months since I've last done much in SDV so memory was foggy.

Derp. Now I'm the one who feels like the idiot.