RELEASED Easier Fishing (Standalone) (1.4 BETA + 1.5) 1.5a

Easier Fishing Standalone

1. spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

@Xylia Oh yoba, thank you so much for updating this so fast. <3

Xylia likes this.
    • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I saw that the beta was available and I went to launch it and then I went "OH WAIT... the fishing mod..." (which is the only mod I use)

So I figured I'd update it here as well, might as well, as I had to update my own too. I've fished a bit on a new playthrough and it seems to work fine. But with a beta, it's hard to predict.

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

@Xylia I tried fishing and almost cried, haha, I am way too bad at the mini game to fish without this. I'll post here if I find anything issues with it. So far so good on my end! :)

• SoaringDragon42

SoaringDragon42 Big Damn Hero

Same. Thank you for updating! I wasn't looking forward to testing out multiplayer without it.

• Sting_Ray1

Sting_Ray1 Intergalactic Tourist

For some reason it works when I play by myself, but if I got to the Beta Co-op mode it doesn't work (it is still difficult). Any idea why?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I am not sure how mods work in Multiplayer. Do you both have the same mod(s) active?

Maybe Multiplayer uses a different .xnb file? Who is hosting? Maybe if you have the easier fishing mod and the host doesn't, maybe you're getting the host's rules rather than the rules on your own computer?

• SoaringDragon42

SoaringDragon42 Big Damn Hero

I had no problems playing multiplayer with my husband. (I had the mod, he didn't, I was hosting.)

We could easily tell the difference, my fishing level shot to twice his fairly quickly. :D

• Sting_Ray1

Sting_Ray1 Intergalactic Tourist

He was hosting and I had the mod so maybe that is it. I will get the host to download it and try.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm, in that case, you are using the English version of the game, right? The mod only works on the English version.

• monelise

monelise Void-Bound Voyager

Do you update the mod for the new version after beta?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I plan on it, as best as RL allows. Last I checked, you can use the mod with BETA right now (and it should work after BETA goes live but only if you use the English version of the game).

• strawberrysunshine

strawberrysunshine Yeah, You!

Hi, I have a question. Will this work with 1.3 now that it’s not beta?

I’m sorry, this might be a really dumb question. I don’t really know that much (or anything) about versions and beta and the like.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It should work. Last time I played SDV after 1.3 release, it was working fine. I know I said I'd update the other languages, but it's a several hour process and I haven't really found the time/energy to do it. I could post screenshots instructing one how to do it though. It's rather easy, you just need some basic computer literacy and a little knowledge about how file structure works.

• Dorkus1546

Dorkus1546 Yeah, You!

hii! how do i find the content\data\ folder?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you're using the Steam version, it will be in...

\steam\steamapps\common\stardew valley\content\data

Most likely. In steam, you can also do this:

1). Right Click Stardew Valley
                                2). Click Properties
                                3). Click the Local Files tab
                                4). Click "Browse Local Files"

This will take you to the \stardew valley\ folder. Then you go to Content, then Data.

I am not sure about GOG or anything like that.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

SoaringDragon42 likes this.
                                • Mel724Games

Mel724Games Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This was updated for the 1.4 BETA, does it still work in the full version of 1.4??

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I put the "Beta" tag on there because I personally have not tested it with 1.4 content yet to verify it works properly. The "Beta" tag has nothing to do with the actual game's version.

It should work on any 1.4 version of the game until or unless CA adds a new kind of fish (and even then, it will still "work" until you hook a new kind of fish the mod doesn't include, then it will crash the game).

• Corymwarren

Corymwarren Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the update. this is my mandatory mod to be able to play the game fully due to my arthritis, and I was having so many crashing issues when fishing in the ocean. hopefully this helps fix that. I was assuming I was causing a conflict.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Weird. I'm going to have to check the files again to see what's going on. There's probably another fish that was added or something.

Lemme check.

Hmmm.

No, looks like they're fine.