RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Islandsteve

Islandsteve Void-Bound Voyager

thank you so much for this. I had quit the game cause the fishing. now I can play it again and have fun

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Season?

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Hey, Thanks for the feedback

Really happy this helps you out, its a shame to let such a good game go to waste

Regards Steffjes.

• DeathArcher

DeathArcher Void-Bound Voyager

summer

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

well after testing the new and improoved legendaries version, i found it was slightly easier in general.
            then i grabbed the fiberglass rod (wierdly enough it was for sale the day befor he sent me the mail to let me know about it and bait lol)
            once i had that, i managed to start getting the ocasional 'perfect' on the lower end fish, and the green bar isnt quite as skippy (tho it does still boing about sometimes and bounce when it hits the bottom of the bar)

i expect that the fact i also added the bait to the new rod, helped make it slightly easier too.
            later there are hooks and tackle parts that might also help make parts of the minigame easier.

so, so far, the difficulty level is now at the best for a balance of allowing me to be able to fish at least most of the time, and not being so easy that you can do it while reading stuff (like i used to do back in warcraft lol)
            and thank you again so much, Steffjes. i did not think i would be able to catch fish *at all* and dispared of ever finishing the fishtank area (lol) but now, with some carefull buying and some saving of stuff, i should be able to.

only hurdle now is buying the barn and getting the animal stuff, thanks to a couple of lucky drops in the mine (i made it to floor 75 tonight so im chuffed)

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Version 1.3 Released - Octopus easier, balancing

xjapanboy likes this.
              • steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Glad you are enjoying the mod so much

Regards Steffjes

(I don't suspect making many more chances to the mod only if requested by others)

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Pufferfish are still on crack though. Trying to rustle up a few to give to Abigail but they seem just as fiesty as in vanilla.

• The Russan

The Russan Space Hobo

Hello, I installed your mod tonight and every time I fish the game crashes. Specifically when I get a hit and I click to engage the mini game.

• SaltedSlug

SaltedSlug Space Hobo

Just giver her Amethyst, much easier to get. Seems most of the people who had issues fishing were trying to catch the rare fish with bamboo poles. No wonder. Baby steps.

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Depends. I'm in summer so there's a constant supply of pufferfish in the ocean whereas you aren't guaranteed to find anything you particularly want in the mines.

• Samuel Wulfign

Samuel Wulfign Space Hobo

it's dependent on the luck that day, in particular watch the TV to see if your lucky enough to go into the mines.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Are you sure you installed it correctly?
                            This happens when the Fish file is missing in the spot that it needs to be in

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

I will lower pufferfish a bit.
                              Thanks for the feedback.

• CosyAlligator

CosyAlligator Aquatic Astronaut

am i correct in thinking that this won't disable achievements?

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Yes

• TooManyGamesPoro

TooManyGamesPoro Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the mod :D! Im not good with modding or installing mods or whatever but yours as simple and easy and it works :D! So thank you kindly!

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Version 1.3.1 Released - octopus/squid/pufferfish made easier

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the nice feedback :)
                                        If you ever have trouble with some fish feel free to tell me.

Regards Steffjes

• TooManyGamesPoro

TooManyGamesPoro Void-Bound Voyager

I do have one question! Since you updated the mod does that mean I have to redownload and replace the file again?