WIP Ebae's Character Portraits

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ebaekim, Mar 11, 2016.

1. ebaekim

ebaekim Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. glumi

glumi Void-Bound Voyager

I made it into an xnb file, here's the link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?85ted4m7elevw6y

the white background is gone, but the quality of the portrait itself isn't that great. What program did you make it in? I'd suggest aseprite, you can get a free download of the older version. It's what I made my portrait mod in and it's great.

Love your art style by the way, those sketches are really nice.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
      farmvillesux and Kamirose like this.
    • Fawnd

Fawnd Void-Bound Voyager

Your style for these is amazing!! It really has a studio ghibli, or just retro anime feel in general! Really love how you've kept the original feel of the characters but also modified them to better portray their characteristics~ it's very visually pleasing to say the least.

Cannot wait to see these finished! XoX

• darkenravenz

darkenravenz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome! I love this style so much. I'm waiting!! :up:

• Elengeness

Elengeness Space Hobo

Your style is amazing!

farmvillesux likes this.
          • Kunmaradona

Kunmaradona Void-Bound Voyager

Nice job, I'm gonna love this Leah portrait

• amimo

amimo Seal Broken

I think the problem is in original file.
              Double check if they're transparent in your art program. You may forgot to delete background layer or save wrong .png format.
              Anyway GJ with Seb portrait!

• SPRidley

SPRidley Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!
                First of all, I love your redrawings of characters (the only problem I have is hippy Abigail becuase it doesnt work with her whole character, but the rest are amazing). The spritework of Sebastian is also really well done.

I can tell you why you got that background error. I also have some released portraits and had the same error as you at the beginning. Basically you got an old extractor. You need to download the new one and extract EVERYTHING again, because the old extractor used .json files while the new one uses .yalm. When you repack again your pngs with their corresponding yalms the portraits will work perfectly.

I dont know if this is possible though, but I would love to have your handrawn art in the game, instead of converted to pixel art (although your pixel art portrait is probably the best I have seen from all the downloadable ones). I was already thinking of drawing hand drawn versions of the characters in higher resolution, but I dont know if the 64x64px for portraits can be over written to a higher resolution. Would be good to ask in one of the modding threads.

• Razzyness

Razzyness Intergalactic Tourist

Love sebastian! Must get this working :)

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

I'm so excited for these.

farmvillesux likes this.
                    • Crazy_Leen

Crazy_Leen Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, really pretty! Good luck with redrawing all of them :O

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

I love everything going on here and am looking forward to seeing how you get the portraits and sprites working! =3

farmvillesux likes this.
                        • vrf

vrf Seal Broken

I love these! They have a lot of personality. I look forward to using them when you're done :).

farmvillesux likes this.
                          • ebaekim

Wow! Thank you everyone! I'm so happy that you guys like it! As per advice I'm going to use aseprite for the later portraits and Abigail will probably get some changes to her design. Also updating my extractor so I don't have to beg for xmb file changes. ^^;;

So pumped to make these! Also for convenience would it be easier for people if I updated /edited the first post as I go along? Thanks! :)

farmvillesux likes this.
                            • Tetigistus

Tetigistus Hey, You!

It's awesome to see you're planning to do all of them, and not just the bachelors and bachelorettes. It would be so nice to have a complete set, and I really like the look of these.

• numerodeux

numerodeux Space Spelunker

I am so excited for this. Also yes please, do update the first post as well. It makes it easier to find all the updates.

Fantastic job so far. <3

• ebaekim

Is that you I see you on my tumblr? Thanks for the follow! :')

• Middeer

Middeer Void-Bound Voyager

I absolutely adore your style!! I'm definitely going to be putting these sprites in my game once they're done. :3c

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

Haha, yeah, that's me. o/ SUPER EXCITED for these okay this is the best port mod I've seen so far god bless

• Waddleboid

Waddleboid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, glad I found your thread here. I'm also super excited for these when I saw them re-blogged through tumblr a day or so ago!