WIP Edited Json's for Custom Farm Types MOD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by hwayunhae, May 9, 2017.

1. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a compilation of all the edits I have available for the different farm xnb replacements available here on the forum and on the Nexus.

Since it has come to my attention that not many users are familiar with how (or willing) to mess with .json files, I've come to the decision that I will upload mine, along with the edited icons, for use with Custom Farm Types by spacechase0. I've listed it WIP as I intend to add more maps, and also to adjust the json details for the "Everything" maps more in the future. For now though, this is what I have.

[​IMG]
    INSTRUCTIONS

[​IMG]

In order to use these, you will need to have Custom Farm Types installed.
    Place the folder you download from this topic in Mods/CustomFarmTypes/FarmTypes/
    I DID NOT include any map files in these folders. I do not have permission from the mapmakers to upload their files, so you will need to download the maps for each farm you want to use from their respective pages.
    Place any extra files that were in the map downloads as their creator instructed (usually they go in Contents), and then rename the farm replacement file to map.xnb, and place it inside the folder you got from this topic, where the type.json and icon.png files are.

When you load up the game, and go to make a new farmer, just scroll down to see the new farm choices.
    (If you would like to edit your own, you can go to post 4, 8, and 16 of the Custom Farm Types topic for additional help.

[​IMG]
    REQUIRMENTS

[​IMG]

Custom Farm Types by spacechase0

[​IMG]
    FARMS

[​IMG]

Standard

Greener Pastures by Starbeak87
    Farm and Cave by Monteso
    Ali's Secret Forest by Mushfae
    Lakeside Farm by CRABSUIT
    Ali's Farm New by mushfae
    Tego's Stardew Expansion by tegobash/13akoors
    Ali's Farm by mushfae
    Wonderful Farm Life by taintedwheat

Fishing

Lakeside Farm by CRABSUIT
    Shenandoah Acres by MidnightFireR

Foraging

Hilltop Forest by Minnue
    Farm and Cave by Monteso
    Enchanted Forest by Rosalie
    Ali's Farm New by Mushfae
    Mini Forest Farm by Monteso
    Tiffy's Forest Meadow Farm by tiffy961

Mining

Enchanted Hilltop by Rosalie
    More Space on Hill-top Farm by bladon001
    A Bigger Better Hilltop by XCube591
    Enchanted Extended Hilltop by Zalkyria
    Extended Hilltop by SKKN

Combat

Omnifarm by lambui
    More Accessible Wilderness (Combat) Farm by gobbldygook

Everything

Omnifarm by lambui
    [​IMG]
    REQUESTS & TO DO List

[​IMG]

Omnifarm - Update the Everything farm jsons with specific edits for those maps

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I do not know quite how to put them together in the correct way to make it work with custom farms. Will you please help me with it?

• hwayunhae

When you get custom farm types, you unzip that and put the folder labled "CustomFarmTypes" in the mods folder that was generated when you installed SMAPI.

Inside that folder, there should be another folder called "Custom Farms".

Once you choose which farm you want, download the folder for it from my topic (some farms have multiple options, they are each in a different zip folder).

Open the zip for the farm and option you want.

Place the folder inside the zip in the "CustomFarms" folder.

Now download the farm you want. If it has for instance, another file that is not the "Farm.xnb", "Farm_foraging" "farm_mining" "farm_fishing" or "farm_combat", place that file in the contents folder. If it is in the same file folder as the map file, you may also want to put it in maps.

Now rename the farm file from "farm[_xxx].xnb" to "map.xnb" and put it in the folder you downloaded from me. inside that folder should be two other files, called "type.json" and "icon.png".

At the end, you should have a structure that looks like this:

Stardew Valley
        ---> Mods
        --->--->CustomFarmTypes
        --->--->--->CustomFarms
        --->--->--->--->[Folder you downloaded from me]
        --->--->--->--->--->icon.png
        --->--->--->--->--->map.xnb
        --->--->--->--->--->type.json

--->Content
        --->--->[optional extra file]
        --->--->Maps
        --->--->--->[optional extra file]

At this point, you should be able to boot up the game and start a new character, and when hovering your mouse over the farm choices, you can scroll down to choose your new farm type.

Troubleshooting: If you crash when trying to start the new farm, make sure you do not have Send Letter - Beta Installed, and that you are using the latest (1.12) of SMAPI, Custom Farm Types, and Entoarox Framework.

If it still doesn't work, upload your error log file to the Custom Farm Types topic, and see if spacechase0 can figure out what went wrong. :D

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! Sorry to bother you, but I can't quite figure out how to scroll down; I've installed everything as instructed, but the other farm types are invisible to me. Could you help?

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Thank you so much for putting this together! I've had the hardest time getting maps to work with custom farm types.

I was wondering if maps like the Immersive Farm Map that edit other map files in order to work would work through this method. And if so, how?

Also, I was wondering if you would add the following maps to this list. If not, completely fine.
            Farming Dream
            Gnarly's Farm Expansion
            Tiffy's Forest Meadow Farm
            Lunatic Farm Map
            White Water Farm Map
            Ali's Flower Farm Map
            Trio Falls Forest Map
            Zola's Standard Farm
            Valley Riverland Map
            Riverbend Fishing Map
            Cozy Fishing Farm

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

A really big collection with wonderful maps: Normal ones, large ones and really huge maps. Some of them even with an extra area. You can decide how you want to install the maps. One possibility is the CustomFarm Mod.

Ace's Expanded Farms: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/988/? from Acerbicon.

• hwayunhae

Thank you for the links to the new maps, @Flumme, and @HopeWasHere . I'll get to work making folders to add those to this topic as soon as I can.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                • hwayunhae

[​IMG]
                  UPDATE
                  [​IMG]

After going over the list of map mods requested, I've brought you an update! enjoy!

[​IMG]
                  ALREADY CUSTOM
                  [​IMG]
                  The following farm maps have custom farm types created by their makers.

Immersive Farm 2 by zanderb14
                  2 maps available​

Ace's Expanded Farms by Acerbicon
                  20+ maps available​

[​IMG]
                  FILES
                  [​IMG]

Standard
                  Opal's Standard Map by Opalie
                  Farming Dream by MorroZ

Gnarly's Farm Expansion by GnarlyJaspian

Lunatic Farm Maps by Lunatic

Forest
                  Ali's Secret Forest by Mushfae

Ali's Flower Farm by Mushfae

Trio Falls Forest Map by rivanne

Riverlands
                  White Water Farm by Meevers

Valley Riverland by rivanne
                  v1
                  v2

Riverbend Fishing Map by rivanne

Cozy Fishing Farm by Opalie

[​IMG]

Note: Tiffy's Forest Meadow Farm is already in the first post, so I did not upload the json files for it again.

Attached Files:

Coolwyngs, Kuriiyo and HopeWasHere like this.
                  • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey hwayunhae, since Custom Farm Types has been discontinued, I was wondering if you knew how to update these json files to work with More Than Necessary: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2256
                    I have been trying to get them to work with no luck...