Modding Help Effect questions for RPG Augment mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by LulItsIan, Aug 2, 2016.

1. LulItsIan

LulItsIan Pangalactic Porcupine

I am making a mod that adds augments that provide a sort of light-RPG framework, mostly for use in multiplayer scenarios. While most of the augments were easy to create, a few questions have come up:

1. How does the energyregen status effect work? I want to create a slow, constant energy regeneration effect that is based off a percentage of the player's max energy. The currently implemented one seems really fast.

2. Is there a way I could create an effect that causes a player's attacks to sometimes inflict a status effect on their target? I'm trying to create an augment that could give a player a 15% chance on hit to inflict a status effect from a list of debuffs to enemies.

3. Is there any way I could make an item require an active status effect on the player to be used? I.e. you can only use a certain weapon if you have a certain augment with a certain effect equipped.

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Pretty much everything youre asking is possible. Granted youre going to need an adequate understanding of Lua to accomplish them.