Eh, what's up doc?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Violent Pacifist, Sep 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Violent Pacifist

Violent Pacifist Void-Bound Voyager

Heya. I have no idea how to start this. I'm an avid gamer, and currently learning code and aiming to go to a college for game art and design. (Design meaning level design .etc Not just art.) I've climbed a volcano, I love to hike, stargaze, I have a telescope and I absolutely adore space. I'm lookin' for friendships, fun and modding help here on this forum. If you like me already then you can add me on steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheFourSe4sons/ I'm new to modding on Starbound, and I'd like to know more and be able to create an abundance of mods one day. Uuuh, yeaaah! I think that's about it I guess, see you 'round!

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Welcome to the livelier side of the multiverse! Hope you enjoy your stay with us! :hylotl:

(What language do you prefer to code with? The language says a lot about the person, lol. :))

3. Violent Pacifist

I'm sort of new to coding. I've started learning Java, C++ and SQL. I've heard that Python is the easiest/funnest though!

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Haha, sounds awesome! :D

Python is fun. But the space-sensitive syntax really kills some people, lol.

C++ is probably one of the easiest and most maleable languages to learn in my opinion. It's not too pretty at times, but I personally prefer it.

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Welcome aboard ^-^

I personally never used python xD c++ can be funny when using oop. Comments are essential when using lots of classes imo ^^ If you want to stick around with .net you could use c# It's really easy to setup simple programs within minutes.
    Java and c++ are in most cases similar in the syntax so it's a good choice learning both together. I'd also recommend sticking around with the whole theory stuff (although it can be boring in some cases). A lot of things will get easier when preparing bigger projects with some uml-diagrams and stuff.

~ Iris ~

6. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Welcome to the forums ^o^

7. Violent Pacifist

What's up? :D

8. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Not much, finally getting used to my new school. What about you?

9. Violent Pacifist

Fixing my starbound.

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

What's wrong?

11. Violent Pacifist

Everything. Can't go into options, crashes the game. Can't load character, crashes the game. It erased all my data as well and now even the starbound log itself is going bonkers, so I guess I have to reinstall it.

12. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Mmh. You should bring this up to the Support section if it still shows up. That's a weird thing though :p

13. Violent Pacifist

Fixed iiiiiiiiiiit. All my progress is still gone though, heh.

Lodish likes this.
  14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

[​IMG] good sir! Enjoy modding!
    and goodluck to your gaming career. xD

15. Violent Pacifist

I have 195 other games that I can play, mate! But.. I've played them all and I'm bored now. Heh. 'Least I got the stupid recipe to work!

Crossfang likes this.
  16. 2nd Lieutenant Raoni

2nd Lieutenant Raoni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

welcome to the forums :rofl: