1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

As Relten pointed out, you can simply delete the old avikan folder from your mods folder, and replace it with this one. Make sure to delete the old installation instead of merging the folders - merging could result in a few errors.

I've uploaded the latest version to WeTransfer for you, so hopefully you can download it from there. Here's the link: http://we.tl/6hdr8l5c8p
    The link will expire in 7 days though, so make sure you grab it before then. Enjoy!

Relten likes this.
  2. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

will try and thank you. question though how do you think an avikan and avali would act meeting for the first time? i'm thinking of making a starbound story or two and want to get some ideas.

3. fernworrier

it worked and i'm having so much fun :p[DOUBLEPOST=1447740237][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ok stupid question for this does anyone who uses the mod got to do this or just the mod aurther?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  4. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

As far as I know, manually adding compabilities like these are A-OK.

Also regarding Avali/Avikan interaction, I wrote some dialogue for them in a separate mod, but it's for Spirited Giraffe.

5. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Just a quick question, but, how do I get the avikan metal? If its an ore, i cant find it anywhere, do I need some table that I don't know of? The avikan I have is only steel tier, is it in one of the later furnaces?

Edit: nevermind, saw Xren's earlier post about Frackin' universe, which mod do I implement the patch to, the avikin, or Frackin' universe?

6. carriontrooper

Avikan metal is made in the Avikan Crafting Station. But since the Avikan Crafting Station needs Avikan metal and Avikan dark metal, you can also find both in Avikan crates generated in Avikan encounters and dungeons. Scour Desert and Arid planets for them, yo.

7. Aegonian

I think it doesn't matter where you add the patch so long as you have both mods installed. If you'd ever uninstall one of the mods though, the patch might cause issues if added to Frackin Universe, as the game can't find the dungeons being specified, so I'd personally add it to the Avikan. One warning though: before adding the patch, remove all entries with the "avikanbunker" in it, as this is still a WIP dungeon. You can spawn it, but it'll be empty and not representative of the final version.

As far as I know, the patch isn't necessary for spawning Avikan settlements, but it'll make them more likely to appear as there'll be more types of planets where the camp can spawn. Desert and arid planets should spawn the camps even without the patch.

To make things a bit easier for everyone, I'll take a look at all Frackin Universe planet types soon and see which ones fit the Avikan, and add compatibility into the base Avikan mod in one of the next updates.

8. fernworrier

and where would i put this code at?

9. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Look at the posts above you

Thank you for replying, though, just one more thing. I managed to gift the Avikan tables to my higher tiered character, an Avali, (mostly because I wanted to be able to use both types of tent blocks.) but whenever I go into them without admin mode on, there are no recipes in them. Does that happen when any other species uses those tables, or is it just the Avali?

10. fernworrier

*slaps head* ok where in the mod it's self do i put it. i should had been clearer.

11. carriontrooper

I think Avikan recipes are set for Avikans to craft, so you'd need to change them so that every race can craft them. This is usually true to other race mods that add crafting recipes, most of them are exclusive to that race.

Relten likes this.
  12. Aegonian

I've added the code in the right place for you - copy the code below and replace terrestrial_worlds.config.patch with this new code (just open the file, ctrl+a to select all and ctrl+v to replace all):
    Code:
    //Custom biomes/planet types
    [
        {"op" : "add",
            "path" : "/planetTypes/wastelands",
            "value" :

{
          "threatRange" : [6, 6],
          "layers" : {
            "surface" : {
              "primaryRegion" : [ "wastelands" ],
              "secondaryRegion" : [ "wastelandsrock" ],
              "dungeonCountRange" : [0, 1],
              "dungeons" : [ "centensruins", "glitchsewer", "glitchvillage", "apexresearchlab", "apextestchamber", "apextowerblock", "aviantomb", "aviantower", "avianvillage", "humanbunker", "floranhuntinggrounds", "floranvillagetower" ]
            },
            "underground1" : {
              "secondaryRegion" : [ "bonecaves", "stonecaves" ]
            },
            "underground2" : {
            },
            "underground3" : {
            },
            "underground4" : {
            },
            "underground5" : {
            },
            "underground6" : {
            }
           }
          }

},

"path" : "/regionTypes/wastelands",
            "value" :

{
            "caveLiquid" : [ "tarliquid" ],
            "blockSelector" : [ "flatsSurface", "lowHillsSurface", "canyonsSurface", "ledgesSurface", "giantLedgesSurface" ],
            "fgCaveSelector" : [ "surfaceCaves" ],
            "biome" : [
                [0, [ "wastelands" ]]
            ]
          }

},

"path" : "/regionTypes/wastelandsrock",
            "value" :

{
            "blockSelector" : [ "medHillsSurface", "canyonsSurface" ],
            "fgCaveSelector" : [ "surfaceCaves" ],
            "biome" : [
                [0, [ "wastelandsrock" ]]
            ]
          }

},

//Changes to existing planet types / dungeon generation

//This section adds the actual dungeons to the game, mixed in with existing dungeons

{ "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/ffunknown/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/superdense/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/arboreal/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/arboreal2/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/atropus/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/bloodstone/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/bog/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/crystalmoon/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/desert_wastes/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/frozenvolcanic/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/fungus/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/icewaste/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/icemoon/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/infernus/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/irradiated/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/lightless/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/metallicmoon/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/mountainous/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/nitrogensea/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/penumbra/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/protoworld/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/slimeworld/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/sulphuric/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/tarball/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/tidewater/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/thickjungle/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/urbanwasteland/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },

{ "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/thickjungle/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/urbanwasteland/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/metallicmoon/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/mountainous/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/desert_wastes/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path" : "/planetTypes/icewaste/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },

{ "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/forest/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/desert/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/savannah/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/snow/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/jungle/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/alien/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/tundra/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/volcanic/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/scorched/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "centensruins" },

{ "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/desert/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/savannah/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikancamp" }/*,

{ "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/desert/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" },
        { "op":"add", "path": "/planetTypes/savannah/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value": "avikanbunker" }*/

//This section overwrites dungeon generation, forcing custom dungeons to spawn at a very high rate
        /*,{     "op": "replace",
            "path": "/planetTypes/desert/layers/surface",
            "value":        
            {
              "primaryRegion" : [ "desert" ],
              "secondaryRegion" : [ "oasis", "tar" ],
              "dungeonCountRange" : [1, 1],
              "dungeons" : [ "avikancamp" ]
            }   
        },
        {     "op": "replace",
            "path": "/planetTypes/tundra/layers/surface",
            "value":        
            {
              "primaryRegion" : [ "tundra" ],
              "secondaryRegion" : [ "ice" ],
              "dungeonCountRange" : [8, 8],
              "dungeons" : [ "centensruins" ]
            }   
        },
        {     "op": "replace",
            "path": "/planetTypes/volcanic/layers/surface",
            "value":        
            {
              "primaryRegion" : [ "volcanic" ],
              "secondaryRegion" : [ "crystalline" ],
              "dungeonCountRange" : [8, 8],
              "dungeons" : [ "centensruins" ]
            }   
        }*/

]

//Uncomment the second section and comment the first to force the selected dungeons to spawn in the selected biome
    It doesn't include the Avali dungeons at the moment, but all of Xren's code for additional Avikan dungeons has been added. If you want to add the Avali settlements too, open terrestrial_worlds.config.patch in the avikan folder, and scroll down to the part where it says "//This section adds the actual dungeons to the game, mixed in with existing dungeons". There you can add the avali dungeons as well.
    The crafting recipes are currently only available to Avikan characters, so the Avikan crafting tables will be empty if you use any other race. If it's something people would like to see added, I could unlock the Avikan crafting recipes for other races as well, though.

Pinkameana likes this.
  13. carriontrooper

Just a suggestion, add the compatibility stuff as optional files in the mod folder with some readme on how to use them. This will allow people without Avali or FrackinUniverse to still have the vanilla experience, while heavy mod users could plop the files themselves in the correct places for maximum comfy.

14. fernworrier

thanks will try this now

15. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, please. It would be awesome to use both races tiles together.

In my experience with other race mods, usually if it adds it its own crafting table (such as the Gyrusens, Avali, etc.), it will work for any other race. Of course, normal recipes such as crafted armor and weapons wont be available, is that what you meant?

16. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, how do I access the Avikan outpost?

17. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

There's an outpost?!?!?!:saywhat::saywhat:

18. Aegonian

Good suggestion, I think I'll use that!

I'll add a way for other races to craft Avikan items, then! I'm not yet sure how I'll add the recipes - by default, unlocked when picking up crafting tables or perhaps through a quest reward - but they'll be available to other races in one of the next updates!

It's still a WIP at the moment, so it can't be accessed right now. There are some files for the outpost in the mod, but not yet enough to actually spawn the dungeon - it would likely crash the game if it's spawned in in this state. The Avikan Outpost will be added in one of the next updates though!

19. fernworrier

i think your tents look better then the avali tents do just wish that this would work with mad tulips mod since i have been using that with my florain scientist for fracken universe :p

20. Pinkameana

Pinkameana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm a few days late here, but yes, this is something I would like to see added~ Assuming that it's not physically/mentally impossible for another race to learn how Avikan crafting works, it would be nice to have some method of learning the recipes on other races. I love the mod, and it adds a lot of content, but I don't always want to be Avikan :p

So my suggestion is some sort of quest or quest chain to gain the favor of some Avikan crafter who gives you an item to unlock the crafting recipes from your mod, if you don't simply plan to unlock them by default.