1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Elven Species

Discussion in 'Races' started by Lirinya, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

Currently I'm fairly new to modding, and the race I'm working on is a mash up of existing content, until I get everything how I want it mechanically - then I can work on it graphically.

1: Edited Character Creation Screen

- Added two other slots, one for elves and one for the Felin race made by somebody else here. I used the icons that I found in the interface option for now, but I'll change those later. I've seen people ask how to add extra slots onto the screen, if you need help, PM me.

[​IMG]

2: Colors and Clothes
    - Initially we just wanted humans in Glitch clothes so those were the base for the new race. Now though, they have a combination of Glitch and Florian garb until I make out own. They also have ears, and the hair has been shaped to fit (roughly). I haven't touched males at all as of yet, their hair is very out of place. I also added custom clothing colors. I dislike the ones available, so opted for something else. The elves also have their own name gen. The names are based on wild elves, though with their garb, they could be high elves maybe?

[​IMG]

3: Other Changes
    - The Elves now have their own unique weapon. A very blunt looking sword with leaves from their home planet wrapped around it. I also edited the dropshipfile for their race to have the ship start off with wood on the inside. This does mean it's very easily broken and potentially used to start off with. However that's the players choice. There's also thatch. It's a silly choice to have in a ship but I want to imagine them as a race that has some tech, but doesn't want to leave their roots (no pun intended) behind. I'm also trying to figure out how I want their ship to look. I love the colors of the glitch ship but other than that, not sure where it's going from here. (Ignore the name gen. I started on a Glitch and couldn't be bothered to change it. Next stop, quests.-

[​IMG]

- I grabbed a Florian tier sword, renamed and reformatted the damage values to make it fit the starter weapon. Though their starter weapon will be a stave I think. They also have a custom starter intro, treasure pool which is very farming based currently and an appalling Glitch ship with added flowers, just because I love the Glitch stuff.

[​IMG]

As I said, a lot of the graphics are place holders. Once the mechanics work how I want them to, I'll do the graphics last and progressively. This isn't a show off thread, more of a progression diary for anybody interested. It's also an opportunity for new modders to follow somebody else who's new to the modding scene and be able to ask any questions about changed mechanics.

Have fun :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Starsly, Cirom and Affero like this.
  2. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

wow nice

3. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

Everything looks pretty great except for those ears. They just look way too big.
    I did a quick reskin of something I think looks better.
    ABu8WUm.png

4. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

Depends on the elf. Elves in anime typically have enormous ears, sometimes straight out, sometimes angled.

5. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

Still working on ears I am happy with. My partner suggested bigger ones whereas I like mine small and pointy. Suggestions would be nice though. As for the image, it's broken.

6. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

Refresh the page a couple times. Forum uploads are being screwy because of the super forum traffic lately.

7. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

Ahk cool, they look much better :D

Next time I get round to editing bases I'll put 'em on :) Thanks.

F-ranko likes this.
  8. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Next step : Hobbits. We'll eventually remake the whole lord of the ring serie X3

9. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

I'm a big fantasy RPer and my RP characters have been, where applicable, elves. Not sure why, but I've always been drawn to them as a race.

Hobbits...ogosh don't tempt me.

10. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Orcs
    Now you're really tempted X3