Encounter Sea Monsters while Fishing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LenMahBoi, Jul 1, 2019.

1. LenMahBoi

LenMahBoi Lucky Number 13

So recently while I was playing stardew with my friend, we were fishing for the legendary Fish and honestly, It can get a little boring waiting for a good catch. so with mind wandering, I had the idea for a chance to reel in Sea monsters to fight for loot and to spice up the fishing experience. the fish shown when reeling it in will show a Mermaid Instead of the Regular fish

Once your fighting is leveled up to 10. You will receive a Letter from Gil, who will ask You to come to to the adventure guild. Which will trigger a cutscene where he tell you about these monsters found in the waters of stardew valley. He advises you to try and fight them but along with it, he encourages you help the wizard with the witch so he the barrier is lifted and the monsters will rise from their long hiding. once you reel in and slay one of each, he will reward you with a Stardrop.

The Chance of catching once of these are very rare, but their chances will be increased if you remove the magic barrier at the witch hut

Spring - Mermen

Level Required - 5

More likely to be found in the ocean, The mermen would wield a spear and appear as a Green scaly humanoid with a white cloth covering their legs and webbed feet

Their attack patterns have them walk forward and jab their spears in the target’s direction

As a reward for fighting off the mermen, Each one will have a chance to drop cloth and one iridium Tier spring related fish

Summer - Sea Monkeys

Level Required - 7
    Appearing as the cartoonish illustrations seen on many kits for the sea monkeys, The creatures would have a Frogish, Monkey like appearance. They are also likely to be found around the pond below the farm

These monsters will hop around the area a fling slime at the player. Having a chance to inflict a slimy effect or becoming a slime monster on miss.

Killing the Sea-monkey will yield a banana Tree Sapling or something different depending on who it stole from. During the summer, There will be a chance that one of the towns folk will complain that something of importance has been stolen, And whoever the sea monkey stole from will determine the reward
    (Examples)
    Shane = Beer
    Clint = Random Geodes

Fall - Siren

Level Required - 8

The sirens will appear as a Pale skinned mermaid with black hair and a long eel like tail and a body covered in Water vegetation

The Siren will lye in the ground as it sings it’s song and causes fish to lunge from the water and try to strike you from above.

Your efforts would grant you eels or a Siren egg, which can be used to hatch a Siren for sing to your animals and keep them happy long as well as slightly increase their productivity, meaning you don’t have to pet them as often

Winter - Captain Glacier and the Ghost Pirates

Level Required - 10

The Captain wears a worn down suit, covered in frost and seaweed. his crew sports crew members attire with their mouths frozen closed with a Rusty Cutlass in their hands

Captain Glacier walks on the water with a Blunderbuss and fire cannon balls at the player which can be reflected back at the captain, But the Captain will occasionally summon his Crew to fight along side him

The efforts of your battle with be paid with a collection of rusty cutlasses and a Broken Blunderbuss, which can be repaired with 10 Iridium, 20 Iron and 50 coal at clint’s Blacksmith. crafting the Blunderbuss will cause Clint to give you the recipe for cannon balls, Which cost 5 Iron for 4 Cannonballs. which Deal 100 damage each but fires very slow.
    The Broken Blunderbuss can be sold for 5000 Gold if it’s ranged fighting style doesn’t suit the player

All Year - Mermaid

Level Required - 11 (Buff required)

The Mermaid is most likely found in the ocean, mostly in the shoals. She appears with a Green Tail and a clam shell bra. Each time a mermaid is caught, their hair would come in different styles and colors.

This creature is not hostile unless threatened, When reeled in, She will offer you a Mermaid pearl and will leave peacefully.

But if you decide to betray her, she will call for help from the ocean, causing 4 mermen to come to her rescue as she attempts her escape. a slow yet pathetic retreat. if she fails to escape, Her tail will be yield as a reward, Which can be sold for 5000g, double the price of the pearl. however, killing a mermaid will disappoint everyone, bringing them down by one heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'd stop fishing if it came with the risk of having to fight x______x

LenMahBoi likes this.
      • LenMahBoi

I’d say it’s best for a rare encounter, But I understand your feelings towards my idea and you are aloud to share your views, positive or negative

Zosa likes this.
        • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

My problem with this is Spring and Winter seem to be way more hostile and threatening than Summer and Fall. There's also the issue that you can fish in the Witch's area and that you need to be on guard there anyway because the possibility of critters attacking you which you fish, not sure CA wants to include fighting because you've fished up something overly hostile.

It's certainly a possibility, and I can see the appeal in mixing things up, but maybe make it to where it's only after you're at a certain level for fishing, because the fishing minigame is hard at first and when you add hostile creatures to the mix it might scare people away from fishing altogether. Your second attempt at fishing (after the sunfish) is a hostile merman that slaughters you? That might convince people to forget about fishing, which tends to be a good early source of income.

LenMahBoi likes this.
          • LenMahBoi

I forgot that fish could be caught at certain levels, good suggestion and thanks for the criticism

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

You can already craft, or buy, explosive ammo for the slingshot, which can be unlocked in the first week, and can deal heavy damage, while firing very quickly instead of slowly. Crafting recipe already costs less than that too.

Why would anyone want to then trade that in for a seemingly inferior weapon at the end of the year?

LenMahBoi likes this.
              • LenMahBoi

I didn’t see that, I’ll rewrite that when I can, thank you for your criticism. Perhaps I’ll make it so it is a more automatic firing instead and would launch projectiles with more force, meaning that if you were to use a rock in it, it would Deal more damage than in the slingshot. Plus, since it is a hand held cannon, cherry, regular and mega bombs could be used as ammo fit those who are truly insane. Just like aiming a slingshot, you would be stopped to aim your weapon, but you wouldn’t haven to hold and release like with the slingshot.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
                • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Explosive ammo IS a launchable cherry bomb. They have the exact same three tile blast radius, but the advantage of explosive ammo is that it detonates on impact, whereas the cherry bomb has a delay before it explodes, because it has to be placed by hand.

Coupled with how much cheaper it is to both buy and craft explosive ammo, once it is paired with the slingshot it's already overpowered, and being able to launch an instant bomb or mega bomb would remove any last vestiges of challenge from skull cavern, turning it into a complete procession.