1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Endgame rewards...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by joey4track, Jun 26, 2013.

1. joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Just had an idea. So after you beat the game you unlock a 'Class Specialization' option that will allow you to start the game with any 6 items. And Maybe tier 1's cost 1 point, tier 2 costs 2 points, etc..

But should you allow multiples of the same item? I say yes. Imagine starting the game with 3 Rusty Jetpacks. Yes, please.

AND this will allow us to keep hardcore HARDCORE :devil:

bounding star likes this.
    • Knight Wing

Knight Wing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how would that be fun at all? If I wanted that a I would just play on easy and get all the items I like.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Hmm, I guess you don't play on hardcore...

Anyway, it would be an OPTION that you choose after you beat the game already. It would be fun to play with a character starting with all goathoofs, or maybe a bunch of tesla coils and ukuleles so you could be a shock wizard! Besides, even with those powerups hardcore should still be a challenge, it's tough now and I imagine it will probably stay that way or get even harder.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Not if you have the ability to START with items, even if they have varied cost the inate power you would gain for free would make even hardcore pretty easy.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Well then maybe start with your max health at half or something.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Well your suggestion doesn't really mention changing of base stats, only items. :p

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

I would prefer some sort of debug mode where you could add items on the fly, or before starting a run. That would facilitate many interesting challenge runs, for example starting with 7 jetpacks, or giving yourself only tier 2 items the whole game, stuff like that.

AbeX300 likes this.
                • bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

i think it would be great to have some sort of cool endgame reward. just dont know what would be cool ANd balenced.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

More or less why I thought of this. A way to do it without cheating :p

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Well I think the dev said he was looking into adding a debug mode for us to test with.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I've mentioned this before, but the game Probability 0 has done this very thing quite well. So know that it can be done well if it ends up getting added.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

It CAN yes, but I don't think that is the plan with THIS game.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

-_-
                            Are you trying to miss the point?

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Why would you stop at 7? Why not give yourself 50? And 200 Goat's Hooves, add some Headstompers - hilarity ensues!

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Well I'd want to keep my challenge runs challenging, perhaps by imposing restrictions as well, but yeah, that's the general idea :D

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

Why is this idea so controversial? I'm proposing something that would be OPTIONAL and it's mostly something fun that you can do after you already beat the game to play around with something like a new character build. Just for FUN.

And to those complaining that it would make things too easy- how about you post your hardcore highscores? hmm?