1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enemies Aren't Stupid! ... Anymore! 1.9

A mod that overhauls odd behaviors in NPC's and Monsters!

1. SupaCURE

SupaCURE Orbital Explorer

SupaCURE submitted a new mod:

Enemies Aren't Stupid! ... Anymore! - A mod that overhauls odd behaviors in NPC's and Monsters!

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Well if you want a suggestion of behavior to correct, I could give you one I was thinking of correcting. NPCs don't use horizontal doors correctly.

I believe they are trying to reach the coordinates of the object either [1, 0] or [-1, 0]before activating the door. They won't reach that with horizontal doors as there is material there! So if they accepted a little variance in the y coordinates, they could use the doors properly.

If you are going to play with other behaviors, that means you would possibly be modifying the files that affect this, so it makes more sense for you to roll something like that in - rather than I make a separate mod (which would be likely incompatible with yours).

3. SupaCURE

i will definitely look into that bk3k, thank you for the suggestion. Just updating the mod now so that enemies have better reactivity and interest in their enemies!

bk3k likes this.
  4. SupaCURE

5. SupaCURE

SupaCURE updated Enemies Aren't Stupid! ... Anymore! with a new update entry:

New functionality and more! Enemy AI rework!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    Big update today! AI can now go through horizontal hatches (woo that was fun!)

6. SupaCURE

7. SupaCURE

SupaCURE updated Enemies Aren't Stupid! ... Anymore! with a new update entry:

Now with Technicolor!! (Enemies fight moar)

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Played with this mod before switching to a pack built around frackin universe. I enjoyed it a lot, so I'm wondering if this mod is compatible with FU?

9. SupaCURE

Shouldn't be incompatible, not sure what they use in FU as I haven't used it myself but I haven't heard any issues so far.

10. Katorone

Thanks! I'll let you know if I encounter any issues.

11. SupaCURE

Much appreciated.

12. Katorone

Been playing with both mods loaded for a while, so far no issues or even errors in the console. So I'm pretty confident this mod is entirely compatible.
    The bigger mobs in FU act weird, but they always have. So I'm not sure they're acting more weird or not. (Pathfinding is more difficult because they're bigger)

13. thijsties

thijsties Yeah, You!

Wonder if it's easy to change NPC ranged behavior so that NPCs have the ability to actually aim at crouched players right in front of them. Right now you can crouch in front of their faces and they'll miss every shot, which is kind of laughable

14. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

I think this mod might be breaking the hunting grounds boss fight, whenever I get to the boss it's already dead and you get stuck. Gonna uninstall my other mods first to make sure.

Update: Uninstalled all the mods expect this one and it appears that this mod is breaking the floran dungeon.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  15. BBYipho

BBYipho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same issue as stealthXG. While hosting my own server friends were saying they only saw Nuru at the end saying it's time to go but the boss never spawned. I just checked with removing only this mod and it solved the issue.

I look forward to an update that fixes this issue.

16. Leon0000

Leon0000 Void-Bound Voyager

I like to confirm that this mod seems to break the boss fight at the Floran hunting grounds quest. When you get to the boss it's gone and Nuru is just standing there repeating the same message.

17. SupaCURE

SentientSupper likes this.
  18. SupaCURE

Hey everyone sorry about the delayed response / update. IRL stuff came up. You can now enjoy the mod without worrying about that boss fight breaking :) Enjoy!

BBYipho likes this.
  19. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

OH it was you! Thank you so much for fixing this! (Ixodoom bug)

20. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    LIVE REACTION and SupaCURE like this.