1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Energy Devices 0.9.2b

Mod introducing new fuel devices and removing Coal as a fuel source

1. Hiztaar

Hiztaar Phantasmal Quasar

Hiztaar submitted a new mod:

Energy Devices - Mod introducing new fuel devices and removing Coal as a fuel source

Read more about this mod...

2. Tacomancer

Tacomancer Void-Bound Voyager

any pics on how the stuff looks.

3. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

WAtching this. Looking forward to seeing it implemented fully all along the tier system!

4. Hiztaar

Added ! :)

5. Tacomancer

Tacomancer Void-Bound Voyager

How long does it take to charge a thing? Crafting costs. something renewable should be slow and costly.

6. Hiztaar

An energy cell costs 1 copper bar and 1 coal. It's not yet possible to change the speed of the craft in the solar panel, but it's an objective to make it very very slow. New devices will be added soon. Like the old coal generator :)

7. LordLemur

LordLemur Big Damn Hero

Download dont work :C

8. Hiztaar

Not compatible with the latest patch. I'll update it ASAP :)

9. Sihd

Sihd Void-Bound Voyager

Please finish update soon, I was looking forward to using this only to find it doesn't work......:(

10. Hiztaar

Hiztaar updated Energy Devices with a new update entry:

Compatibility Update v. Angry Koala

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. maikochan

maikochan Void-Bound Voyager

When using version 0.9.1, whenever I try to activate the Solar Panel, the game crashes. This error appears in starbound.log:

Error: Could not load /interface/objectcrafting/hiz_solarpanel.config asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: Could not read variant asset /interface/objectcrafting/hiz_solarpanel.config
    caused by: AssetException: No such asset '/interface/objectcrafting/hiz_solarpanel.config'

And after that error:

Warn: Slow asset 0.083 : /interface/objectcrafting/hiz_solarpanel.config
    Error: VariantException: Variant type not map for get("gui"), is of type null

Also, a minor point, the readme for 0.9.1 says that it's still version 0.9.0, caused me a small bit of confusion when trying to troubleshoot.

12. Hiztaar

13. treebag77

treebag77 Aquatic Astronaut

Brilliant idea, though the fact that the empty batteries are not returned to me after I fuel the ship means that this mod just increases the cost of fuelling your ship. With no benefit. Please look into returning the empties as I really can't imagine why the batteries would be destroyed after a single use. It almost defeats the point of them.

14. Hiztaar

15. Sihd

Sihd Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with treebag77, it would be nice if it would be either return uncharged batteries or if you could 'remove' the energy from the batteries and use that as fuel for your ship or if it would atleast be worth more than coal, say even just up the fuel value to 4 would be nice.

treebag77 likes this.
  16. Hiztaar

17. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Let me know if you figure out the battery situation. I have a development for my mod that would benefit by that.

18. Chickens84

Chickens84 Void-Bound Voyager

Call me a masochist, but I kind of like the challenge of being stuck on a starting planet until defeating the first boss. Or rather, it bothers me that it's so easy to acquire fuel and make your ship interstellar-worthy. As the devs are most likely going to take the line of least resistance, and even then there will be mods that give everything to you for as little effort as possible, I don't see this game being any more challenging beyond that hardcore character setting, which is something completely different.
    Therefore, we need a mod that makes different kind of fuel for different use - you can't power a spaceship with coal, but you can make a coal-powered generator that can only be placed on the ground. It would be unmovable once you place it, so you'd need to build another one on a different planet, when you run out of power. This generator would fill player-made, recyclable batteries, as well as power everything that normally should require to be powered (doors, lights, etc.). Recycling would be another tiered game mechanic, with grinders, smelting in blast-furnaces, electrolysis and more complex (and inefficient) standard ways for starting tiers, up until the most advanced late-game nanomachine molecular assemblers.
    The game as it is, is only rewarding when you find a new recipe or try out a new mod (most of which are overpowered). Setting up a complex and successful farming-mining-production-construction cycle at a press of a button, that's another story altogether.

19. gkwiatkowski817

gkwiatkowski817 Void-Bound Voyager

I cant find any of solar panels in metalworking station nor tabula rasa or anything but i can make emty batteries. Help!

PS. i did defeat first boss and used mk2 star map

20. kodemunkey

kodemunkey Phantasmal Quasar

I use the fully customizable ship mod, could i put these on the roof of my ship or does it have to be on a planet?