1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Engineer Character Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by okok111, Jun 2, 2013.

1. okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey guys, posting this out of the main thread so I can get some feedback about this idea.
    Engineer:
    Speed: +++++
    Jump: +++++
    Regen: +++++
    • Wrench (Hit enemies in front of you with your trusty tool, doing 100% damage and having a 10% chance to stun.)
    • Tesla Conduit (Zap all enemies around you for 150% damage, stunning them)
    • Matter-Energy Accelerator (Teleport forwards, leaving behind a trail of energy that deals 50% damage)
    • Makeshift Drone (Create a random unrepairable drone that is 25% as useful as it normally would be, 10-30 sec cooldown depending on created drone)
    Tell me what you guys think! Oh, and by zapping / energy I mean a graphical effect sorta like the ancient ukulele.

• okok111

Ermahgered the suspense is killing me.

• Kuramdo

Kuramdo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I already feel that drones last a really long time when you are good at dodging, and since this guy has a dodge attack (and a damaging one for that matter) it might be hard for the drones to die. Drones are also usually hit by enemies that use melee, so it might be a good idea to debuff the wrench to not have knockback, but instead have a chance of stunning or something. Or you could just make the wrench do more damage.

I'm worried his drowns might be OP

• okok111

I suppose a duration on the drones, so they'd only last 20 secs or until the die before that could work. Either that or muck around with the usefulness percentage. For now I think 25% usefulness could work.
          The wrench, on the other hand, it might be an idea to either have less knock back (It's supposed to be a form of defense against when you have 40 enemies in one spot right in front of you) or it could be done so that it has a chance of stun (like you said) upon swing, and if it succeeds all the enemies that get hit by that swing get stunned.

How does that sound? The idea of this unit was to be somewhat around the timing of the central abilities and the gradual stacking of drones, if that helps for anything.

• okok111

Shamelessly bumped.