1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Engineer Is Not Fat

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Dargona1018, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

So, before anyone get's their panties in a twist about it not looking like the Engineer, I took some creative liberties (and it was also 2 in the morning).
    I didn't remember much of the Engineers looks, so I just did something that looked cool.

RoR - Engie.PNG
    So, since everyone thought that the Engineer was this chubby guy, I made him like Micheal Clarke Duncan, a tall beefier man that was large but not fat.
    Now that I look at the sprite, it is evident that it's not actually like this.

My thought process was that he had to be large and strong to be an engineer, and that the armor that he had was to protect himself from radiation or whatever unstable thing that ran the ship. Also added a welding-mask-like layer that can pop up for him to use his blowtorch. And there is the Filtration mask that I put on there too, mostly a stylistic choice. I had intended for his shoulder-cannons to be part of the ship that went down with him, possibly energy cores, jury-rigged together to shoot out and explode.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    • Zawisza

Zawisza Astral Cartographer

Engineer is fat! Go fat people! We dominate the world! (yup, im fat, go figure).

Also quite nice drawing, except for a helmet and the gyro thingy on the chest. He looks more like some sort of end game gear paladin with those. Sorta. Anyway i like it.

Dargona1018 likes this.
      • TheMugbearer

TheMugbearer Phantasmal Quasar

Engineer is not fat! He's fluffy!
        [​IMG]

Dargona1018 likes this.
        • Dargona1018

Yea, that guy's great.

• brianhj

brianhj Void-Bound Voyager

Gabriel Iglesias isn't funny. He's awful. Your drawing is awful, too.

• (USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Being a Jerk. Expires: 1 month)
          • Dargona1018

Why thank you very much for your wonderful words.
            I shall put you in my will for a couple hundred dollars, as those words have changed the course of my life into a more positive direction.

• gufufu

gufufu Space Hobo

the fox denies you
              lol ive been looking at the fox for a while now and im starting to question my existence
              and
              ur drawing is kewl
              also hehe cause the engineer shoots BALLS
              hehe

Dargona1018 likes this.
              • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I believe that's a red panda, though.