Engineering Quests

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Mighty Archemedes, May 23, 2015.

?

Should Starbound include engineering quests?

1. People are already building airlocks and lava traps. Why not?

100.0%
  2. If the button doesn't work the first time, I usually just push it harder.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mighty Archemedes

Mighty Archemedes Phantasmal Quasar

Here's a neat 3 AM idea.

Planets are already generated procedurally in Starbound; so most of the framework must already exist. One of the things which we can build, through the wiring station, are logic gates, sensors, and switches. As of the winter update, Starbound also has rigid environments which cannot be altered, at least not until the (gigantic) environment stabilization machine is switched off. This in mind:

Player meets NPC in town, possibly a blacksmith or engineer. Player is presented with a specific environment, which they must find their way through. There are restrictions on which pieces can be applied to it, but a device must be made which triggers a sequence of locks and corridors through water level, timers, and so forth. At the other end of the puzzle is the victory token and quest completion.

Codepuppy and Old_Crazy_Gamer like this.
  2. Mighty Archemedes

Mighty Archemedes Phantasmal Quasar

I could easily imagine a "help, I've locked myself out of my house" quest. Just for kicks.

3. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

It would very helpful, for novices like me.

4. Codepuppy

Codepuppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Puzzle game quests! But given the setting of Starbound, with potentially a super-high-tech twist! That's awesome!! +1 : D