1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. SubmarineKnight

SubmarineKnight Starship Captain

Hello, in the newer version of Frackin Universe, there is a space station revamp/new feature which lets you:

1. Invest some pixels to them
    2. This raise the sell/buy % of that particular trader/station (yes, it is treated like a custom merchant, custom ui and all that)

After some investment, I get my selling price up to 50% (from default 20% vanilla) and I can sell item to them to get better profit. The thing is, their custom ui/sell menu doesn't seem to recognize enhanced storage feature. So a fully loaded (I forgot the actual name, space container, 80 slot) with items doesn't count the item inside it.

ex. selling price of entire thing is 5000 but the container is only 80 or something. Even fully loaded, it only give me 80 pixel - from one of the test I tried.

Is it possible for you to look at it? It is another's mod feature so I understand if it is too much of a request.

2. Hubnester

Hubnester Pangalactic Porcupine

the sell price is like that since the UI gets the price from the root item parameters (the stuff in the items file and to change this would require changing the scripts for the new space station ui which is a bad idea to do in this mod

3. SubmarineKnight

SubmarineKnight Starship Captain

Oh I see. In that case, I should try asking about it in the FU mod. Thanks!

4. Kritus

Kritus Space Hobo

So I'm having a bit of a bug, in that I can place down a Frackin' Universe storage container (such as the Gene Storage Chest or the Food Storage Locker), and it will works somewhat fine (the sort function doesn't seem to work) until I beam off of the planet and come back. Once I do that, when I try to interact with the chest, it crashes with the following error in the log:

[Error] Exception caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Error loading asset /interface/chests/chest128.config
    [0] 7ff600ef7153 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff600ef5ede Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff600f039fa Star::AssetException::format<Star::AssetPath>
    [3] 7ff600f0fedb Star::Assets::getAsset
    [4] 7ff600f10dd2 Star::Assets::json
    [5] 7ff601530d49 Star::ContainerObject::containerGuiConfig
    [6] 7ff6016fa29d Star::ContainerPane::ContainerPane
    [7] 7ff601726a78 std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::ContainerPane>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::ContainerPane><std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::player>,std::shared_ptr<Star::ContainerInteractor> & __ptr64>
    [8] 7ff60172b74b std::make_shared<Star::ContainerPane,std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldClient> & __ptr64,std::shared_ptr<Star::player>,std::shared_ptr<Star::ContainerInteractor> & __ptr64>
    [9] 7ff601734b2f Star::MainInterface::handleInteractAction
    [10] 7ff600e3e6f8 Star::ClientApplication::updateRunning
    [11] 7ff600e3ce4f Star::ClientApplication::update
    [12] 7ff60163aa72 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [13] 7ff60163ac2d Star::runMainApplication
    [14] 7ff600e3ff76 WinMain
    [15] 7ff601828daf __scrt_common_main_seh
    [16] 7ffafb011fe4 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [17] 7ffafd61f061 RtlUserThreadStart [18:13:24.485]
    [Info] UniverseClient: Client disconnecting... [18:13:24.519]
    If I use my matter manipulator to pick the chest up, it will spit all its stuff on the ground, and I can place it again and use it again (with the sort function being broken), but as soon as I beam off the planet and come back, same problem as above.

Whole reason I wanted the mod is for container sorting (the other stuff looks awesome too so I want it all now), so any insight would be appreciated!

Mods installed are Frackin Universe, Frackin Music, Xbawks Character Extender, and Enhanced Storage.

5. Alepod

Alepod Void-Bound Voyager

How could I remove this ugly green frame from storage inventory icon?

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  6. Alepod

Could we make it posible to put non-empty containers in other non-empty containers and so on and so on?

7. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

The frame is the visual indicator for storage containers that contain items.
    IIRC that used to be done but was removed to keep object data from inflating to the point where SB wasn't quite able to handle it.

8. Alepod

OK, but could I remove it by editing some asset of this mod?

9. dnarris

dnarris Space Hobo

I just started using mods, in general, and this is one of the first mods I've tried. I like it very much, but it appears that my food has completely stopped rotting all together. I don't see a rot timer in minutes as the mod describes and after many many many in game days my food has yet to rot. Would there be a reason for this? Currently the mods I'm using are this, enhanced storage, and something to make all doors automatic. That's it.

10. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Is there a way to make mods compatible with Enhanced Storage?

I plan to make a compatibility patch for a recent mod, but the storage items currently don't work with this one.

11. xKIUx

xKIUx Intergalactic Tourist

Akkimari Vaash Barrel in Elithian Races is not working as other barrels. Its simply crash and back with bugy interface.

12. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Given that this mod hasn't been updated in a while, I'm not surprised new containers don't have a .patch to run /scripts/enhancedstorage.lua. That said, looking at the files for that barrel and it doesn't seem like it's meant to work like a normal container in the first place.

13. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

@xKIUx I never had any crashing problems with any Elithian content running alongside Enhanced Storage... there must be something else going on there. I can extract vaash from their barrels just fine. A crash log would probably be useful. (Are you using the latest version? Are you using one from the Workshop and the other from the /mods folder (which you generally can't do)?)

@Legogod The barrels either illuminate bright green or deluminate when the vaash is added or removed respectively. They otherwise behave as basic single-slot containers.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  14. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

FYI, I found the mod a bit more enjoyable if you require blueprints before you can print off containers from storage matter, since it discourages twinking.

In a new folder named /MyPatch (or whatever you choose) in your /Starbound/mods directory, create a file called /interface/windowconfig/containercraftingstation.config.patch with the contents:
    Code:
    [
    { "op": "replace", "path": "/requiresBlueprint", "value": true }
    ]

You'll probably have to use the version of the mod from the CF community (i.e., right here), since Workshop mods can't be patched directly from the modfolder, IIRC.

15. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. NeoVanAlemania

17. NeoVanAlemania

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hey ! still awesome and a must-have like before.

It was just for ask you if it was possible to add a tab in "Storage Matrix" station for show only refregirated type container (since not all fridge have "fridge" in their name).

Thx in any case and have a good day.

19. MasterXYZ

MasterXYZ Void-Bound Voyager

Could you please add support for the familiars race? It has literally two containers, i have tried adding them manually but it didn't work… thanks!

20. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Is the mannequin issue coming from this mod? I saw someone mention it at Startech. I REALLY just want my character back...

Code:
    [11:28:55.369] [Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (AssetException) Path '/startech/items/power/armor//items/armors/backitems/xenonpack/back.png' contains consecutive //, not allowed

(to make things short, I used the automatic transfer button with what I was wearing and the game froze and crashed)