1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

My boyfriend and I call it chestception! :3 We are working on making a storage room... the 9 shiplockers stuffed aren't enough anymore. rofl. T-T

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

I'm mostly sure that this mod is not the reason for lags because the lua script is not active always. It checks each container only one time for initializing, after that it does absolutely nothing. These massive lags must be fixed from the developers of Starbound I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1423220659][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Your right, for creating this code my knowledge about lua scripting is insufficient.

As I thought yesterday there are only 25 available blueprints, which can be found on the planets, for the chests. The recipes for all the other containers must be learned by picking up the object once. For containers of the outpost I'm not sure about the solution.
    It will be a hard work to add all containers manually to the crafting station... :(

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. NeoVanAlemania

A try to improve the balancing...
    Defining the number of slots respect to the bounding box of each container:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jejki67TEF5PPNbifOKFsEA3-kocF7fgQOWH6Wt2_4A/edit?usp=sharing
    (The green column is the new system with slots per tile.
    In this case e.g. an Apex Fridge with 3x4 Tiles = 12 Tiles --> 12 Tiles * 4 Slots = 48 Slots)

1. Maybe change the regular chests to 6 Tiles (24 slots) because we can't stack them on each other?
    2. Maybe change the calculation to number of Tiles * 6 instead of 4 (e.g. Tech Chest: 4Tiles * 6 Slots = 24 Slots) ?
    3. Maybe another calculation type: Base Tiles (constant) + Number of Tiles * 4 Slots (e.g. Tech Chest: 32 Base Tiles + 4 Tiles * 4 Slots = 48 Slots)

My favourite is number 3 because we will get large capacity to small containers and not too high capacity for giant containers, but the rule of Capacity respect to bounding box is still active.

What are you think about it?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  4. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

I don't want balancinggggg T-T I want SPACE! I'm a hoarderrrr. >.< And even still, I run out of storagee. :p

5. NeoVanAlemania

Don't worry, the balancing won't prevent you from hoarding. :)
    I only want that small containers have a bit smaller capacity than the bigger ones. I only want a better ratio between the container sizes.
    The minumum capacity will be 32 or 48 slots up to the large containers with 100 slots or so. :)

6. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

Balancing update

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have an Issue. When I updated this mod, my game started lagging to a point where it almost unplayable. It has to be this mod, if there is a fix, can some tell me?

Also, dose this mod detect and alter other mod's containers? That might be the problem.
    A new game doesn't lag, so maybe a problem with the old containers trying to reset them selves?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  8. NeoVanAlemania

Are you sure that this mod is reason for this lags?
    Where are the lags exactly?

This mod is also compatible to storage containers from the Medical Potions mod. Other mods which adding new storage containers to Starbound will work properly, but the changes of the Enhanced Storage mod will be ineffective.

9. Hibob42

When I added the updated version of this mod, the hoarder version, my game started to move incredibly slow. I think it was the containers updating, because when I went back to the version before this one, it didn't affect the lag. This was the only mod I changed before I had tons of lag. It may be because I have tons of containers and the game can't keep up with changing them all at once, since a new game has no lag.

10. NeoVanAlemania

Can you send me your savegame for testing?

11. Hibob42

Shure, how do I do that? I have a lot of mods installed as well.

12. NeoVanAlemania

Just put the following folders in a zip archive and upload it e.g. at http://www.file-upload.net/

mods, player, universe

Then copy the given download link and paste it here. :)

13. Hibob42

alright I will have to deal with later I'm going to be missin for most of the day. I will get it done tomorrow

14. Hibob42

Is it ok if I upload it on MediaFire? The site you linked me to wasn't working for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1423355008][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, well I apparently can't upload anything, since my internet won't work with me. It either gets to 2% and then fails, or completes and then wont give me a confirm or download link. It's always been a problem, and I can't fix it. Sorry.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  15. NeoVanAlemania

Hum... without your files I can't find out what's the problem because here is all fine.
    So please try the following to reduce the archive size:

- Copy the player folder somewhere and delete all the *.bak files inside this new folder (bak1, bak2, bak3..)
    - If you have more than one characters delete the files of the others too. (in the new folder)
    - Now create a zip archive and try to upload again.

I hope it helps

16. Adrianblade

Adrianblade Void-Bound Voyager

Just wondering but how does this mod work on servers? Like if l have it installed, but the person who hosts the sever doesnt, would it still work?

Edit: Nvm. Just found out. Deep.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  17. NeoVanAlemania

I'm not completely sure but I think all players in one game need this mod. Never tested this case before.

18. Hibob42

Yeah no, my computer is a breeding ground for virus, since I'm a moron and realized too late that downloading everything is a stupid idea. So half the stuff on here doesn't work, uploading things is just something I have to add to the list.

19. NeoVanAlemania

Found out? what? deep? Confusing.

That's bad. But I asked @severedskullz about your problem. He have more experience than me in lua scripting (he helped a lot of people in the past). If the script really produce your lags he will find the reason.

20. Hibob42

Well thanks, but I just started a new game. I think the lag came from the massive amount of chests and things on my ship, it was trying to update them all at once and failing horribly.