1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED EnhancedTemperature 1.3.2 reup

Adds a more complex temperature system to starbound

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Normally level 2 shouldn't cause any damage. Thanks for reporting. I'll take a look onto this.

~ Iris ~

2. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I actually like the 1 damage per tick for level 2 status. It's not really lethal since salve outheal the damage dealt, but it'll encourage you to find an appropriated shelter sooner since it'll definitely be a nuisance and make the whole scenario a little more dangerous. Maybe make the tick a little slower or something?

It's up to you to decide in the end though. :3

3. Iris Blanche

I think it could get too annoying on FU planets later because you will reach level 2 on some of them.

Actually the progression of the exposure penalties are following:
    Level 1: no regen
    Level 2: no regen + drain
    Level 3: no regen + drain + dmg when no energy is left

~ Iris ~

4. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Mhm mhm, alright. :casper:

5. Iris Blanche

Hm i removed an unused line in the hyperthermia script. Maybe this was causing this issue. Haven't encountered it now on a scorched planet.

~ Iris ~

6. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

[​IMG]

Just providing a SS. :3

7. Iris Blanche

Lol there's a typo xD "Initialzing"

Hm it's strange that you have 2 EHT effects simultanously. This shouldn't happen.

~ Iris ~

8. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It goes away after a while when the Initializing phrase is completed. And yes, since it's a dummy character, I tele up and down quickly again. :kawaii:
    Otherwise it won't have 2 EHT effects simultaneously if I play normally. I'm quite sure it dealt 1 damage per tick since I always collect fuel from moon.
    Gotta save pixels for many other things. :3

9. Iris Blanche

Hm maybe i should add some extra stuff then to prevent multiple effects. I already have a world id query in it but it seems that it isn't sufficient then.

~ Iris ~

10. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I don't think it's a problem for computers that are fast enough. I have a somewhat mediocre computer so it's sort of expected. :cautious:

11. Iris Blanche

One reason more to add some checks xD I don't want the mod to be limited to ppl with a fast pc. :nurutease:

~ Iris ~

Toa_Derax and Iroaseta like this.
  12. Bakubakuba

Bakubakuba Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Iris Blanche because most info is in the ingame notes it's no way to learn about it it before instaltion. Could you direct me or post the ingame info file about it? I'm for example interested about how the thermo-suits from story progression work with your mod.

13. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much for this mod, i really missed this system since it was taken out.

14. Iris Blanche

Soo...long delay for everything >w< Work on EHT will continue in around a week. Sickness is almost gone but i still need a few days to recover.

@Bakubakuba
    i try to add a small info page on github with the next update. :) (wanted to do this already in december but well...there was a wintersale...and lots of neppus everywhere and yeah... x) )

~ Iris ~

15. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Technically speaking, you don't freeze in space, since there's no medium for heat to transfer through. Instead, you'd actually heat up. Since most moons don't have an atmosphere, you should be experiencing an increase in heat.

16. Iris Blanche

Since it's just a game i think it can stay like it is :nurunaughty:

~ Iris ~

17. Iris Blanche

Hey folks,

here a small update about what's going on atm. An info page will probably be online on sunday. After that i'll hurry up to finish the stuff i want to have in 1.4:
    - updated codex
    - special terraformer implementation (maybe some special ones too)
    - heat/hybrid sources will get advanced detection. They will heat up / cool down from the node where the source is optical located instead of the node it is placed.
    - beds and tents will provide some exposure protection
    - blocks will affect exposure raise. E.g. standing on snow/ice will increase exposure raise for hypothermia more than dirt and decrease exposure raise for hyperthermia
    - fu compatibility will finally be in 1.4, however the random planets by fu will still need some sort of better detection of what primary region they're using for real
    - there will be some adjustments for performance

Also i'm looking for a way to get rid of these deprecated pre-1.2 statuseffects. If it works then they will be removed later.

~ Iris ~

18. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

*gasp*

It lives...

19. Iris Blanche

Sure :eek: there was a lot of stuff going on so i barely had time for doing anything. And the little time i had i wanted to spend to relax >v<
    i also re-added you to the contributors. Somehow it messed up when i last changed the mod description. ^^'

~ Iris ~

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  20. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Haha, yeah I understand myself. :3 Just cracking social satire.

Also, thanks I suppose. I honestly forgot about that codex, lol.

Good luck with the update! :)