Environmental/Lifeform Mutations

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Werty Loki, Mar 11, 2012.

?

Do you this this should be in the game?

1. Yes, It is a great idea

85.7%
  2. No, It will ruin the fun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, I'll give some thought into it

14.3%
  1. Werty Loki

Werty Loki Master Chief

Environmental Mutations:
    As shown in many pictures, you are allowed/required to take samples from planets such as;
    • DNA
    • Plants
    • And Others
    My point is we should be allowed to combine these structures to make a new breed, or so called mutation, if we gain this power we can make lets say:- Two-headed Venus fly-trap; enabling it to chow down a living form twice.
    This also can be used for decoration like :- Making a Raisy (Rose and Daisy combined) this plant can be used for decorative purposes like decorating you spaceship and/or home planet, there are limits to where you may place this item; since it is a meadow/forest plant it can only be placed in a forest/meadow or something similar. As for the previous plant (The Two-Headed Venus Fly-Trap) it should be in an environment as of a swamp or something with relation. Various items can be mutated, the way we may mutate is by either a cryogenic laboratory, or from a scientist NPC.

Lifeform Mutations:
    There are many animals to be seen on the release of StarBound so why not combine one with another?
    As you can do with plants we should be allowed to collect DNA from one specie and another and combine in a cryogenic laboratory, of course this new breed will be containable and you may ride/use it in any way you want or just a pet you may say. These animals MUST be in their natural habitat and or spaceship, if you combine a snow-like creature with a dessert-like creature then they may only be allowed to be in a dessert or a snow-like place, you may keep it in you spaceship as a pet, yet if put on a different environment it will over mutate and try to kill you. Of course you can tame a natural animal if you want but with mutation then possibilities are endless. Having mutated a specie has many advantages:
    • It automatically be-friends you
    • It can be used as a body guard
    • You may ride it as for traveling or for a different purpose
    • It provides additional help
    • It helps in battle
    • And it does every one of your commands

Pigsnot likes this.
  2. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, that actualy would be awesome.
    It would be interesting to see these mutations in different environment.

3. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

Wasn't this already tentatively confirmed as a feature?

Oh, and... "You may ride it as for traveling or for a different purpose"

:(

Pigsnot likes this.
  4. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Mutation would be cool, but i think it should also simply include normal enemys you find that are slightly differant due to being a mutant version of its kind, EG: size, colour, attack. They would be much rarer of course but they could have better items that they drop or money.

5. Pigsnot

Pigsnot Phantasmal Quasar

HAHA xD

6. Pigsnot

oh man this idea is soo epic THEY'VE GOTTA PUT IT IN THE GAME OMG, THUMBS UP!!!!!

7. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Noone in thier right mind will thumb someone up just because they asked for it :p

8. Pigsnot

By thumbs up i meant, thumbs up the thread like, give Werty Loki a Thumbs up :rolleyes:

9. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

OK OK JEEZE!, i was just kidding anyway lol :p soz bout misunderstanding

10. Werty Loki

Werty Loki Master Chief

Ive been working on some pixel art for a mutation i might post it soon =3