1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Erchius horror

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Raclette529, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Raclette529

Raclette529 Yeah, You!

So i had completed the mission and defeated the boss and i noticed i needed crystals to begin space travelling, all i got from drops that i remember were two capture pods and a few helpful things (actually i dont even remember if this was from the boss or the chest ahead near the digging truck). Either way while i noticed i needed those crystals i also checked with my AI and apparently it said i had to revisit the mining facility, i thought since it said "revisit" it was to pick up the crystals after leaving without them (maybe on accident? maybe i did get them i genuinely dont have anything in any of my loot) but as i got deeper down the Horror was STILL there as if never defeated. Is this normal? Am i supposed to kill it again? Since things opened up at the Ark and the mission said "revisit" i don't believe this was a case of accidentally not saving the game (which i hardly doubt i ever forgot to do) so i'm curious as to this being a glitch or supposed to happen? I can't find anything related to my issue online.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Once you beat the Horror you have to click the digging machine to "get" the crystals. They're not an actual object that you obtain but rather it sets a flag. Leftovers from early access stuff I think. Also, each mission is an instance that you can replay, which includes re-fighting the bosses. So that's not a glitch. You'll have to redo the mission and make sure to click on the machine after the Horror. If it still doesn't work you may have a genuine issue going on.

3. Raclette529

Raclette529 Yeah, You!

Ahhh thank you so much! I assume the digging machine isn't the truck then and i must've missed it, since i clicked on it to make it work and i didn't get anything? It just kept digging

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The digging machine is the vehicle just beyond the reward chest. When you click it, it should say that the Erchius Crystals are obtained and you can complete the mission to fix your ship. If you didn't get that message then you could have a real issue.

5. DemChanges

DemChanges Void-Bound Voyager

click on 27:17 it should be like that