Modding Help "Error submitting changes to the Steam UCG item (9)"

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SpicySpaceSnake, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SpicySpaceSnake

SpicySpaceSnake Space Spelunker

I'm trying to upload a Starbound mod to the Workshop, and the Uploader tool has been giving me this error the entire day. I've been told it's a 'file not found' error, but the metadata and previewimage files are in their correct places, as well as the mod content. Does someone know how to resolve this?
    And yes, I've packed the file myself and dragged it into the mods folder. The game runs fine, and the mod works.

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

try deleting your metadata file and trying again. And make sure your Workshop agreement is up to date

3. SpicySpaceSnake

Wow... that seemed to work! Steam must have some attachment to the file that messes the process up. Thanks!

4. projectmayhem

Np, it happened to me once, on a mod I had already uploaded before. So I had to reupload it, and direct everyone from my old version to the new one

5. SpicySpaceSnake

What I actually figured out was that that’s not necessary; you can simply copy the contents of the metadata file into a text file inside of the same folder as it and delete the original file. That way, you keep everything - even the Workshop ID. However, you will need to copy the ID and link over to the new metadata file that’s made, and you may have to reinput the other data like the description into the uploader tool even though the metadata file contains that info already; that, you can simply get from the current Workshop version of your mod.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  6. projectmayhem

Nice to know!