Modding Help Errors in mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by awsk1998, Dec 27, 2019.

1. awsk1998

awsk1998 Yeah, You!

Hi, I am new to modding and I have encountered this mod error (I think, since it's in red) and would like to inquire if there is any changes I should be doing. If the information is insufficient please do let me know how to send the whole cmd log instead. Here's the mod error I'm getting.

[NPC Map Locations] Mod crashed when loading asset 'LooseSprites\map'. SMAPI will use the default asset instead. Error details:
    StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Failed loading asset 'maps\_default\spring_map.png' from SMAPI\bouhm.npcmaplocations: the specified path doesn't exist.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.ModContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\ModContentManager.cs:line 113
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 97
    at NPCMapLocations.ModMain.Load[T](IAssetInfo asset) in C:\Users\brian\source\repos\stardew-valley-mods\NPCMapLocations\ModMain.cs:line 74
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.ApplyLoader[T](IAssetInfo info) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 309
    [Tractor Mod] This mod failed in the GameLoop.DayStarted event. Technical details:
    StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Failed loading asset 'assets\tractor.png' from SMAPI\pathoschild.tractormod: the specified path doesn't exist.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.ModContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\ModContentManager.cs:line 113
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 97
    at Pathoschild.Stardew.TractorMod.ModEntry.OnDayStarted(Object sender, DayStartedEventArgs e) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\TractorMod\ModEntry.cs:line 244
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 88

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

You should always upload your full log here (follow instructions on the page) because that gives a lot of useful information.
      Are your mods up to date? The first error looks like something is outdated. The second error looks like the mod wasn't installed correctly. Does the file Mods\TractorMod\assets\tractor.png exist?

• awsk1998

awsk1998 Yeah, You!

I managed to solve it thanks to you. For both mods, I deleted certain files because I thought they were just images that's unnecessary. After reinstalling the mods and relaunching the game there's no such errors anymore. Thanks!

• awsk1998

awsk1998 Yeah, You!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020