1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Esther Bright NPC MISSING

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Captain Valor, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Captain Valor

Captain Valor Space Hobo

After talking to Penguin Pete and going to the Ark Gate to talk with Esther Bright she isn't there and I'm unable to advance further through the story. Yes I am using mods but disabling them this is still happening.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

Depending on which OS you use the path wil be different and also if you use the GoG version of Starbound.
    Common steampaths are:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound.log
    Mac: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/starbound/storage/starbound.log
    Linux: ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. ninjaseb08

ninjaseb08 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi im having the same issue, sorry i have lots of mods, thanks

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  4. Stockdoodle

Stockdoodle Yeah, You!

I'm having this issue too. Any progress on it?

5. Stockdoodle

Stockdoodle Yeah, You!

Attaching my log as well.

Attached Files:

6. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Same issues here: outpost not populated, (no people walking around). Also missing: esther bright. Also missing: npc on home planet (mine minidungeon). Happens with every new game, even after complete uninstall/install.

7. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

ok i examined the .log and it seems that the "job offers" mod is the one to blame, at least for me it worked removing it. good luck!

8. tkmisere

tkmisere Void-Bound Voyager

Same problem here. Here the log.

Attached Files:

9. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It is related to one of your mods. Make a backup of your storage folder to avoid any loss of progress, disable one mod after another and then report the issue to the respective mod author after you found the mod which is causing this.

~ Iris ~