Suggestion Events in custom content

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beesafree, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Beesafree

Beesafree Void-Bound Voyager

It would be insanely useful, if whenever the conditions/actions ask for a number, we could use either a counter that we already made, or a number that already exists in the map. These already existent numbers would include money each player has, the total number of specific units and structures each player has (i realize this one can already be done with a use of "any location" count, but that seems like a work around to the problem). this alone would solve SOOOO many problems, being able to compare counters to current conditions would be so useful, we would be able to know when someone bought something, when something gets damaged, when a unit is created (nuru/valder).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second, this might be a big request, but it would be nice to have specific id tags for every unit/structure. and also add conditions for these new id tags. the units spawned in game would have to have their own variable created so the event programming can call to it. something similar to:

Condition Category:
    Unit: Health

Statement:
    Did Unit ID take Comparator Number Damage?

Properties:
    Unit ID: The ID of the specific unit in question, all units have a specific unit ID, either when spawned, or when the map starts. It might be beneficial to have these units separated, all units that are on the map at the start of the game could have their unit ID based on where they start, example a unit in the upper left corner would have the Unit ID- PA1 (P for placed before match start, A for the row identification, and 1 for the column identification) and a spawned unit could just be based on the order it was spawned, example: SB12-1 (S for spawned, B for barracks, 12 for the turn number, 1 for the first unit spawned that turn)

Comparator: comparative statement, less than, greater than, exactly, not, at least, at most
    Number: any number, any counter, any existent number (like money of a specific player, number of units)

Finally, if the second is impossible, and i understand if it is, it would be nice to have conditions that can trigger based on certain actions that aren't supported. Such things is spawning a unit, Unit Spent turn. some sort of condition like:

Condition Category:
    Unit: Spawned

Statement:
    Did Player spawn a Unit Type at Location?

Properties:
    Player: current player, any player, player 1, etc

Unit Type: specific unit(ragna, mercia, valder, barracks, dock, soldier, knight, dog), Specific unit type (ground unit (like commanders and things spawned from barracks) aerial units, naval units), any commander. (or possibly Unit ID)

Condition Category:
    Unit: Spent

Statement:
    Is Unit Type at Location Spent?

Properties:
    Unit Type: specific unit(ragna, mercia, valder, barracks, dock, soldier, knight, dog), Specific unit type (ground unit (like commanders and things spawned from barracks) aerial units, naval units), any commander. (or possibly Unit ID)

Spent: either Spent or not spent

In conclusion, i would absolutely love to add the first suggestion, solves a lot, the third request i think is the next most reasonable. and i know i only listed 2 new conditions, but i know there must be others, i would like to ask anyone reading this to add your own that you want. In the end if you add these, the "coding" side of wargroove custom content will become SUPER powerful.

Edit:
    Thinking about this more, a condition to compare 2 counters would be a good idea, a way to change the state of a flag (would change a flag from true to false or from false to true, simple enough). And finally a dev mode while editing custom content, just be able to see flags and counters.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019